"Napa Valley - A Wine Lover's Paradise!" Top 5 Page for this destination Napa by Herkbert
Napa Travel Guide: 441 reviews and 1,237 photos
Napa Valley is one of our favorite travel destinations. We try to get back at least every other year. If you enjoy wine, it would be hard to find another place that would be better than Napa Valley.
If you enjoy a luxurious holiday, Napa Valley can offer you resorts, spa treatments, golf, hot-air balloon rides and fabulous restaurants to go with your wine tasting experience.
If you enjoy a simple getaway, Napa Valley provides so many things to do and see it's hard to count. Hiking, biking, fishing, boating, sight-seeing, and wine-tasting - it's all there and more.
Napa Valley is beautiful any time of the year, but in my opinion, the time to go is between August and October during the harvest and crush. The sight of the big plump grape clusters hanging from the vines, the smell of grapes being crushed into your favorite wine varietal, and the hustle and bustle of the grape pickers in the valley is just wonderful. Yes, it can be a little more crowded, but wine was made to share!
While Napa Valley and Sonoma County produce some of the best wines you will ever drink, the one thing that we've found to be even better then the wines are the people. We have met some of the nicest people you could ever want to meet while touring the various wineries. Sometimes the people own the wineries, sometimes they make the wine, other times they are just friendly people who are there to make your visit a terrific experience.
"Let us drink heartily, say crazy things to each other and have a good time!"
- Orestes, Act II, La Belle Hélène
- Pros:Great wine, great food, beautiful weather and nice people!
- In a nutshell:It's all about the grapes!
Viader makes some very good wines. If you've never had them, you should definitely try them. And if you have no other... more travel advice
La Toque is the canvas that Chef Ken Frank uses to create his culinary masterpieces. Located in the Rancho Caymus Inn,... more travel advice
Written May 13, 2006
Balloon ride over the valley
Written Nov 25, 2006
Views around the Napa valley
Herkbert's Related Pages
Napa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE CALIFORNIA WINE COUNTRY"
- "Napa Valley - A Wine Lover's Paradise!"
- "Napa Valley"
- "Spectacular Napa!"
- "Napa: Gateway to America's Premier Wine Region"
- "Wine... wine... and more wine!"
- "The Creation of The Peruvian Wrap"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Napa
- Hotels in Napa
- Transportation in Napa
- Nightlife in Napa
- Restaurants in Napa
- Shopping in Napa
- Warnings and Dangers in Napa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Napa
- 21 Reviews
- 70 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Napa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Napa
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 43 reviews, 117 photos
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 21 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 22 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nice Intro, 17 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buffalo Intro, 27 reviews, 44 photos
- Chicago Intro, 20 reviews, 47 photos
- Beaune Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos