"Brunello and much more.." Top 5 Page for this destination Montalcino by Herkbert
Montalcino Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 337 photos
Montalcino is a small hill town in southern Tuscany that is famous for the production of Brunello di Montalcino - a wonderful, big red wine. While the wine is fabulous, there is so much more to see around the area.
We were awestruck by the beautiful scenery on the way to Montalcino. The higher up the hill we went, the farther we could see across the valley. Simply stunning!
We spent some time visiting a couple of wineries, the Abby at San Antimo, and just walking around town admiring the architecture and the warmth of the people who live there.
- Pros:Stunning views all around
- Cons:Walking up and down the sometimes steep roads.
- In a nutshell:Great wine and great people.
Montalcino like many of the other hill towns in Tuscany has streets that can be pretty steep. The main streets are... more travel advice
Walking around the streets of Montalcino, we found enotecas everywhere. From small shops around every corner to the... more travel advice
Herkbert's Related Pages
Montalcino Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brunello and much more.."
- "Montalcino - (constructing)"
- "Montalcino - Vineyards & Olive Groves"
- "Welcome To Montalcino"
- "Montalcino, Home of Brunello"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montalcino
- Hotels in Montalcino
- Transportation in Montalcino
- Nightlife in Montalcino
- Restaurants in Montalcino
- Shopping in Montalcino
- Warnings and Dangers in Montalcino
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montalcino
- 12 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Montalcino?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montalcino
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 43 reviews, 117 photos
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 21 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 22 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nice Intro, 17 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buffalo Intro, 27 reviews, 44 photos
- Chicago Intro, 20 reviews, 47 photos
- Beaune Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos