"Chenonceaux - My favorite chateau" Chenonceau by Herkbert
Chenonceau Travel Guide: 153 reviews and 429 photos
Chateau Chenonceaux is without a doubt one of the loveliest of all the chateaux in the region. It was originally built as a home and has had six women in its past that made it that way.
Starting with Catherine Briconnet and on to Diane de Poitiers (the mistress of Henry II), Henry's wife - Catherine de Medici, Louise de Lorraine, Madame Dupin, and finally Madame Peolouze, who worked hard to restore it. All these women, plus the current owners, have added touches that have made it spectacular.
The approach to the chateau is a long path cut through the trees. only when you emerge from the trees do you see the magnificent chateau.
Not as elaborate as some of the gardens at other chateaux, but just as lovely. Perfect place for a stroll on a sunny day.
Herkbert's Related Pages
Chenonceau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ladies Castle"
- "Chenonceau: With an ‘X’ and Without One."
- "Chenonceaux - Chateau of the Dames"
- "The most feminine of castles"
- "Moscow - Chenonceau"
- "Chenonceaux Palais sur le Cher"
- "Chenonceau has the most beautiful castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chenonceau
- Hotels in Chenonceau
- Transportation in Chenonceau
- Nightlife in Chenonceau
- Restaurants in Chenonceau
- Warnings and Dangers in Chenonceau
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Chenonceau
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Chenonceau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chenonceau
Photos in ChenonceauSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 43 reviews, 117 photos
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 21 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 22 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nice Intro, 17 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buffalo Intro, 27 reviews, 44 photos
- Chicago Intro, 20 reviews, 47 photos
- Beaune Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos