"Paris - The City that stole my heart!" Paris by Herkbert
Paris Travel Guide: 22,175 reviews and 53,908 photos
The first time we visited Paris was in 1995 and we were in awe of the city. Somewhat overcome by our first trip to Europe, but also by the magnificence of the city. Roll the calendar forward to 2008 and those same feelings still exist. Everywhere you turn you find something new to see, explore or experience.
Our latest trip was during Christmas week in 2008. We enjoyed some beautiful weather, got a chance to see some sites without the overwhelming crowds and enjoyed some French holiday traditions. It was a wonderful getaway and I can't wait to go back.
Feel free to enjoy some of my tips and photos. They pale in comparison to some others, but they represent my experiences in Paris.
April in Paris may be sung by every great crooner, but I'll take September anytime. Those April showers are annoying and the sunshine throughout the summer produce beautiful flowers in gardens all around the city.
Paris was the first European city that we ever visited, and it will be the last one that I will ever forget. From the first time we stepped foot on French soil back in 1995, I have been enamored with everything about the country and especially the city of Paris.
I suppose I am only looking through a traveler's set of eyes, but these eyes have never been disappointed. Is it the rich history, the culture, the food, the people or maybe the architecture? I think the answer is - Yes! It is all those things and more.
All I know for sure is that I expect to return and enjoy the city again and again.
- Pros:The culture, art, architecture, food, wine and people.
- Cons:What's not to love about Paris?
- In a nutshell:If life is a journey, then I have found my favorite destination!
This was the first place we ate upon arriving in Paris on a rainy afternoon. It's a nice little cafe located near... more travel advice
Atelier Maitre Albert is a part of the Guy Savoy restaurant empire. The thing that makes this restaurant uniques from... more travel advice
- See All Terrific 7th Arrondissement hotel
- Christmas Markets in December
- See All Two guides you shouldn't be without
- Scams abound
- See All Luxembourg Gardens and Parc
Herkbert's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 43 Reviews
- 117 Photos
- 23 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Things to do on rainy days in..."
- Wrote a Review Quick bite near Chatelet about Chez Eugene in Paris Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Quick bite near Chatelet"
- Commented on one of Paris92's Paris travel pages
- updated a Paris Travel Page "Paris - The City that stole my heart!"
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (117)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 43 reviews, 117 photos
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napa Intro, 21 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 22 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nice Intro, 17 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buffalo Intro, 27 reviews, 44 photos
- Chicago Intro, 20 reviews, 47 photos
- Florence Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos
- Newport Intro, 14 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Paris hotel reviews
- Hotel Murat
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 27, 2013
- Axel Opera
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2013
- Central Paris
- 166 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2013
- 187 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- Europe Liege Hotel
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Malte Opera
- 126 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Hotel des Archives Paris
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 1, 2013
- Residence Metropole Opera Paris
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2012
- Hotel La Belle Juliette
- 246 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Timhotel Italie Bercy
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 13, 2013
- Best Western Paris Louvre Opera
- 172 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Grand Hotel Dore
- 235 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013