"Why we did this..." Wiarton by Sibbella
Wiarton Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 4 photos
A friend and I decided that in the middle of a Canadian winter we would head to Wiarton just for the "hey".
Was it cold? YES!! Was there snow YES!!
Wiarton is home to Wiarton Willie, Ontario's own forecasting groundhog. Every February 2nd Wiarton Willie makes a brief apperance telling us whether or not we are going to have 6 more weeks of winter or an early spring.
Did the groundhog decide to see his shadow that February day? No of course not! 6 more weeks of winter that year!
But it was a fun ride...we started at the bottom of Highway 10 in Mississauga, and took it right to the end in Owen Sound. Then we decided to venture off to Wiarton and Tobermory .
There is nothing to do that time of year, but in the summer it is packed with the cottage goers.
Sibbella's Related Pages
Wiarton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Why we did this..."
- "Wiarton Ontario (The best little secret)"
- "Cape Croker"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wiarton
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Wiarton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wiarton
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 36 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niagara Falls Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amersfoort Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Utrecht Intro, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mississauga Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Ontario Intro, 2 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Apeldoorn Intro, 1 review, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Haarlem Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues