"I live here" Province of Ontario by Sibbella
Province of Ontario Travel Guide: 11,693 reviews and 28,045 photos
I love Ontario, and one thing I can say is that it doesn't matter how many times I've traveled to a big city or a tiny town, I discover something new.
HEY! Ontario's slogan.. "Ontario - Yours to discover" (sorry guys had too!)
Considering the size of this province, it could take you more then a month to see everything in it. Starting from the most southern point.. WINDSOR! (Shameless plug from my birthtown). Windsor has more then just bars and a Casino. Check out the beautiful parks in the area, we are very proud of our landscape in Windsor, just ask us. Our waterfront is nearly all park with a great trail that will take you from the town of Tecumseh to Lasalle. We also have the Freedom Fesitval every year with fireworks and a carnival, and we share this with our American friends over in Detroit. Windsor, home of the "Minivan", the City of Roses, the Lightening Captial of Canada, the Big Three, Home of Canadian Club (God bless you Hiram Walker)....see my point here? Speaking of alcohol...Windsor was also one of the main source of alcohol during the prohibition!
Around Windsor you will find a few Wineries that you can visit, take tour and sample.
If you are traveling to Windsor or from Windsor and find the 401 very boring when heading to the big bad city of Toronto, I don't blame you. But it is the quickest way to go. If you want a nice scenic route take HWY 3 along Lake Erie.
Toronto has more things to do, then you can shake a stick at! The CN Tower, Skydome (Now known as the Rogers Centre - bah! It will always be the Skydome to me). The musicals, Queen Street, The Distillary District....ok... I can't write everything about Toronto on this page, this is just a taste.
Now you can either go north to the Barrie area that will take you to either North Bay via HWY 11 or Sudbury via HWY 400 to HWY 69, either way you go, it is a beautiful drive. And I seriously suggest you do this drive in the fall...the colours are amazing! North Bay is a cute little city that hasn't been over developed as of yet. With a lot of wild bush still left near by and a great beach on Lake Nipissing. Also you this is the Gateway to the North, since HWY 11 veers up the "Hill" and will take you out to Cochrane or Hearst, or if you keep driving...Thunder Bay. Hwy 69 eventually meets up with 11. Sudbury is a mining town, and the effects of the mines can be seen on the Canadian Shield... the rocks have a black colour to them that is not natural. Still Sudbury is a nice city.
If you want to head a North in a different direction you can always go to Tobermory taking HWY 10 up to Owen Sound then HWY 6. This is probably the long way I've given you, but I do scenic drives.
Now let's veer east from Toronto, on our way to my nations capital....OTTAWA! Yes with the green topped Parliment building, the Rideau Canal, and beavertails!!!! Ottawa is a great city to visit.
As you can see I'll never be able to write everything about Ontario, and with the few towns and cities I've included here this doesn't come close to the ones I've been too.
The only thing I can say is that with Ontario's every changing terrain, you really have to drive through the province to get the feel of it. From the St. Lawrence Lowland to the Canadian Shield, Ontario has a lot to offer.
Any questions about Ontario please email me and I will be glad to answer them as best as I can.
This flower is found in the forests of Ontario and is very common, this picture was taken in a small forested area near the lake.
The flower is in it's early blooming stages and once it is fully open the petals will bend back almost touching the rear stems.
One of my favourite things to do is to go four wheeling or ATVing. Either way please respect the land. Yes these... more travel advice
Written Jan 12, 2007
Written Jun 2, 2007
Top that with a bit of Saucie and an Olive
Sibbella's Related Pages
Province of Ontario Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Driving west through the wilds"
- "Discovering Ontario"
- "Ontario, Yours to Discover"
- "Faiza`s & Ifrah`s Ontario, district by district"
- "Ontario - land of contrasts"
- "Province of Ontario"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Ontario
- Hotels in Province of Ontario
- Transportation in Province of Ontario
- Nightlife in Province of Ontario
- Restaurants in Province of Ontario
- Shopping in Province of Ontario
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Ontario
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Ontario
- 17 Reviews
- 159 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Province of Ontario?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Ontario
- Commented on one of vtveen's Province of Ontario travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Top that with a bit of Saucie and an Olive"
- updated a Province of Ontario Travelogue "Top that with a bit of Saucie and an Olive"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Is it true many Canucks..."
- Wrote a Review ATV riding in Ontario in Province of Ontario Warnings and Dangers
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 36 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niagara Falls Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amersfoort Intro, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Utrecht Intro, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mississauga Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Province of Ontario Intro, 2 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Apeldoorn Intro, 1 review, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Haarlem Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues