"Paphos" Top 5 Page for this destination Paphos by kayleigh06
Paphos Travel Guide: 460 reviews and 1,058 photos
Situated on the south west coast of Cyprus, Paphos holds great appeal to visitors of all ages. Steeped in history, with a wealth of ancient sites, some dating back to the 4th century BC, paphos is listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The Island's capital in Roman times, and many archaeolgicical sites, is to be found in Kato, or lower, Paphos, whilst the old town known as Ktima sits further inland, high up on a rocky plateau. The surrounding area is countryside, rich in vegetation with banana plantations, citrus groves and vineyards which lead on inland to the gentle foothills of the Western Troodos Mountains
I've been to Paphos in Cyprus once about 4/5 years ago, I enjoyed it that much that for my 1st holiday alone without my mom & dad.
I am going with plans to go and see all the sights again and try to get to other places that I didnt see before. I am going with my boyfriend who hasn't been to cyprus before and I'm hoping that I can get him to see and do things that I did the first time I was there and more.
Language: Greek, Turkish, English
Time Zone: GMT +2
Religion: Greek Orthodox 78%
Maronite, Armenian Apostolic, and other 4%
Emergency #: Police: 112
Fire Brigade: 112
Driving side: Drive on the left
- Pros:good weather, great beaches & lovely people
- Cons:Coming Home!!
I stayed in this Hotel the first time I went to Cyprus in June/July 2000, but I stayed in the apartments. I loved this... more travel advice
The Akamas Peninsula in on the west coast, this is one of the last wild and unspoilt places on the Cypriot coast. We... more travel advice
kayleigh06's Related Pages
Paphos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Excellent Roman mosaiques & more !"
- "Second time around....."
- "Paphos revisited"
- "Went to Cyprus to get married, had fun too!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paphos
- Hotels in Paphos
- Transportation in Paphos
- Nightlife in Paphos
- Restaurants in Paphos
- Shopping in Paphos
- Warnings and Dangers in Paphos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paphos
- 19 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Paphos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paphos
Photos in PaphosSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 61 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paphos Intro, 19 reviews, 12 photos
- Rome Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 14 reviews, 6 photos
- Dublin Intro, 11 reviews, 7 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 9 reviews, 4 photos
- Vatican City Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Tamworth Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos