"Paphos" Top 5 Page for this destination Paphos by kayleigh06

Paphos Travel Guide: 448 reviews and 996 photos

Situated on the south west coast of Cyprus, Paphos holds great appeal to visitors of all ages. Steeped in history, with a wealth of ancient sites, some dating back to the 4th century BC, paphos is listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site.

The Island's capital in Roman times, and many archaeolgicical sites, is to be found in Kato, or lower, Paphos, whilst the old town known as Ktima sits further inland, high up on a rocky plateau. The surrounding area is countryside, rich in vegetation with banana plantations, citrus groves and vineyards which lead on inland to the gentle foothills of the Western Troodos Mountains

My First Trip to Cyprus

I've been to Paphos in Cyprus once about 4/5 years ago, I enjoyed it that much that for my 1st holiday alone without my mom & dad.

I am going with plans to go and see all the sights again and try to get to other places that I didnt see before. I am going with my boyfriend who hasn't been to cyprus before and I'm hoping that I can get him to see and do things that I did the first time I was there and more.

Paphos info

Ambulance: 199
Fire Brigade: 112
Enquiries: 194

Population: 33300

Driving side: Drive on the left

• Pros:good weather, great beaches & lovely people
  • Cons:Coming Home!!
  • Last visit to Paphos: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 8, 2007

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2011 at 7:29 PM

great page!

• anna-m's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2008 at 4:10 AM

Loved your page, made me remember my days in Paphos

• y2ketan2007's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2007 at 8:23 AM

Paphos seems like a wonderful place.Had never heard about it until now . Thanks for the information.

• matt10gonzalez's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2007 at 8:51 PM

Wow...I've never thought there would be so many tombs in Cyprus! I looks like Greece! I think I should go here too one day!

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2007 at 4:49 PM

Nice Paphos page, Kayleigh. Looks like an interesting place to spend a few days.

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2007 at 4:54 AM

Hi Kayleigh - great Paphos page. You were lucky to be there at Paska (Easter), it's my favourite time of year in Cyprus. Roll on next April, I say! fergy.

• atufft's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2007 at 8:22 PM

Some very useful background and tips for the visitor. I think that you are due for a new camera for your next tripl.

Badges & Stats in Paphos