"SISTER BAY - DOOR COUNTY 2006" Sister Bay by GandalfOnTour
Sister Bay Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 17 photos
Sister Bay is one of Door County's most beautiful towns. It is also one of the largest communities in the County. Its history dates back to 1857 when Norwegian immigrants settled in the area.
The town fronts onto Lake Michigan and the shoreline is magnificent with a super little sandy beach next to the Marina. The lake and surrounding areas and towns offer so much for those looking to get away from busy city life.
I really enjoyed the scenery in Door County, but one of the things that stood out were the amazing wooden houses. Be sure to keep your eye out for the wonderful architecture of the region.
I think the best thing about Sister Bay and Door County is that the pace of life is just so agreeable. You can sit for hours along the lake front or walk in one of the many nature reserves. It all lends itself to creating a very relaxing environment.... just what I felt like.
- In a nutshell:Relaxing
Door County is home to a number of wonderfully named communities such as Egg Harbour, Sturgeon Bay, Fish Creek,... more travel advice
Door County is famous for its cherries. We stopped at the Orchard Country Winery and Cider Mill where we bought a punett... more travel advice
GandalfOnTour's Related Pages
Sister Bay Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Sister Bay
- 5 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Sister Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sister Bay
Photos in Sister BaySee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos
- Richmond Intro, 8 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kawm ad Dahab Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Petra Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos
- Bury Saint Edmunds Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos
- Prague Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Punta Cana Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Baa Atholhu Intro, 2 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue