"RICHMOND - BEST OF BOTH WORLDS" Richmond by GandalfOnTour
Richmond Travel Guide: 277 reviews and 891 photos
Richmond is renowned for the wonderful Richmond Park, the old royal hunting grounds. But there are many other excellent parks and walks that take you out into the 'countryside'. Marble Hill House, Ham House, Syon Park, Old Deer Park and Hampton Court Palace are all close by.
Richmond and St Margarets is the place that Kerry and I call home. We have recently bought a little 2 bedroomed ground floor massionette and thouroughly enjoy the area.
Richmond and St Margarets has plenty to offer in terms of high street shops and designer boutiques as well as many very good restaurants and pubs. Some of the best pubs are to be found along the Richmond Riverside. This area is particularly popular in summer when thousands of people will gather on the bank in front of Tooties Restaurant to soak up the sun and a few bevies.
Richmond lends itself to walking. With the river and the parks it is the perfect place to get on the walking shoes and explore.
If you are feeling energetic the river walk along the Thames from Richmond to Kingston is just the ticket. There is a... more travel advice
Richmond and the surrounding areas has a number of small yet very good art galleries and studios and most of them are... more travel advice
GandalfOnTour's Related Pages
Richmond Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Richmond ,sanctuary from the City"
- "Quest for the Ultimate Cupcake"
- "My part of London"
- "Richmond and Richmond Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Richmond
- Hotels in Richmond
- Transportation in Richmond
- Nightlife in Richmond
- Restaurants in Richmond
- Shopping in Richmond
- Warnings and Dangers in Richmond
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Richmond
- 8 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Richmond?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Richmond
Top 10 Pages
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos
- Richmond Intro, 8 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kawm ad Dahab Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Petra Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos
- Bury Saint Edmunds Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos
- Prague Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Punta Cana Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Baa Atholhu Intro, 2 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue