"Pietermaritzburg - My South African hometown" Pietermaritzburg by GandalfOnTour

Pietermaritzburg Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 50 photos

Some very good years!!!!

Pietermaritzburg was the 'big' city that I moved to from Grahamstown when I was 11 years old. I left when I was 27 when I moved to the UK. My Mom, Dad and two sisters currently live in PMB and I always enjoy going back to see them and the 'old place'.

PMB has changed remarkably over the past few years. The new shopping mall has helped to kick start the economy and with the famous Midland Meander on the doorstep, the city is once again flourishing. Its always interesting to spot the changes and developments that have occurred between visits.

For me the best thing about Pietermaritzburg is its location. To the south the beach,sea and diving locations are no more than an hours drive, to the North there is the majestic Drakensberg and the Natal Midlands. Basically there are many beautiful locations within a couple of hours drive of PMB.

The Midlands Meander

A must see!! Take a day and travel around, visiting the shops and restaurants in the spectacular Natal Midlands.

The house that we bought!!!

At the end of 2004 my Mom contacted me to say that she had found an old house in need of much repair but that she would love to be able to turn it into a beautiful family home. So I agreed to be a part owner of a large old farm house and boy is it beautiful now!!! Great work mother-dearest!!!

• Last visit to Pietermaritzburg: Mar 2006
  • Intro Updated Apr 21, 2006

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2011 at 2:29 AM

Super filial Son helps family acquire a gream home - well done ;-)))

• Edla's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2006 at 1:53 AM

WOW, great pics too! Thanx for popping by my HP. When will you visit Namibia? I can't believe you haven't been here before :)

GandalfOnTour

“Sarcasm is just one more service we offer”

Badges & Stats in Pietermaritzburg

Have you been to Pietermaritzburg?

Latest Activity in Pietermaritzburg