"Michael's Globetrekking " MLW20's Profile
I love to explore the world as much as time and money permits. When going to new places I like to learn about the local cultures, take lots of pictures, check out the architecture, visit rain forests and try local food among other thing
I live in Brooklyn, NY with my wife Kim. We got married April 2005. I like to workout, go bike riding, watch reality TV-(Survivor, The Amazing Race), watch baseball- Let's Go Mets, go to the movies,play poker and TRAVEL.
A little adventure is always fun when visiting new places. Some things that I have done are
1-Canopy Tour in the Tijuaca Forest- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
2-Auckland Harbour Bridge Climb- Auckland, NZ
3-Caving Trip-Tumu Tumu Toobing- Waitomo, NZ
4-Canyoning & Abseiling in the Waitakere Ranges- Auckland, NZ
5-Canopy Adventure Zipline Tour- El Valle de Anton- Panama
I like to try to catch a game while on holiday. I've been to a few
1- Glasgow Celtic vs Zilina/ Basil- August 2, 2002 (Scottish Premier League)
2-Sydney Swans vs Melbourne Demons- April 23, 2005 ( AFL-Australian Football League)
3-Waikato Chiefs vs Stormers-April 15, 2006 (Super 14 Rugby)
4-Muay Thai Boxing at Lumphini Stadium, Bangkok- April 10, 2007
In just about every country that I've visited I have eaten at McDonalds. While away from home it is nice to eat somewhere familiar. (not that I visit McDs a whole lot at home)! The menus in each country vary which is also pretty interesting. The most impressive McDonalds that I've visited was in Rotorua, NZ and had Maori wood carvings decorating the restaurant. .
A good souvenir that I try to get in each place that I visit is a shot glass. On our trip to Thailand this was an extremely hard thing to find- pretty surprising since you can find almost anything possible among the street vendors or in shopping malls.
While traveling, I always look for different experiences that I can have interacting with animals. It can be as simple as visiting a zoo, feeding a stray dog or taking a picture with someone's pet.
However there are two things that really stand out.
1-Featherdale Wildlife Park, Sydney, Australia- check out all of the animals indigenous to Australia. The highlight was getting to feed kangaroos, wallabies and emus.
2-The Elephant Conservation Center, Chiang Mai, Thailand- This was an amazing experience. There is nothing like feeding an elephant or bathing one in a river. The $ you spend here goes to a great cause- all of the elephants living here were rescued from various abusive conditions. (read move about this on my Thailand pages-Coming Soon)
I went to the NY Times 2008 Travel Show and got to meet a few hosts from a couple of popular travel related shows.
-Andrew Zimmern- Travel Channel "Bizarre Foods"
-Ian Wright- Globetrekker & America the Wright Way
-Megan McCormick- Globetrekker
Andrew and Ian each gave a presentation about their shows. They were both very interesting, funny, friendly and shared their travel ideologies!
More pictures will be in an album below.
Chile ( Easter Island, Patagonia, Santiago & Valparaiso ) April 13-26 2011
Feel free to leave comments and feedback!%f*
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Bahia Honda Key Hotels
- Banff Hotels
- Permatang Pauh Hotels
- Saint Julian's
- Pulau Batam
- Province of Quebec
- Legaspi City
- Williamsburg Village
- San Francisco
- Mactaquac Provincial Park Hotels
- Sanibel Island
- Florence Hotels
- Negeri Pulau Pinang Hotels
- Sequoia National Park
- Puerto Rico
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 185 Reviews
- 606 Photos
- 16 Countries
- 25 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Posted in Travel Republic of Serbia Forum "Re: Flying into Belgrade, back..."
- Commented on 8thWonderFijiTrip's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Riga VT Meeting August 27"
- MLW20 and giampiero6 are now friends.
- Wrote a Review A Museum of Medical Oddities about Muetter Museum in Philadelphia Things to Do
updated their Profile Page "Michael's Globetrekking "
- created a Crystal River Travel Page "Crystal River: Home of the Manatees"
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 39 reviews, 113 photos
- Budapest Intro, 26 reviews, 73 photos
- Vienna Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos
- Munich Intro, 15 reviews, 46 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Auckland Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Rotorua Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos
- Boston Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Moorea Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Paris Hotels
- 22461 Reviews - 54973 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23317 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Prampram Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos