"lubama's homepage" lubama05's Profile
For 12 years I have lived in Utrecht, the best place to live in the Netherlands, as far as I am concerned. Happy as a bee, in a house with a poststamp garden. Why moving then? Paying rent every month, and more every year, didn't feel good. So next we looked at buying a house in Utrecht. No glory. Nothing in our pricerange with enough room inside and outside in any acceptable area. Then what? We looked at newly developed areas just out of Utrecht, but the houses are small and the neighborhoods have no soul yet. Looked at villages surrounding Utrecht (still: no place but the heart of the country), but started to choke. Being an at-home mom with 3 small children, I just couldn't see myself living somewhere I didn't know anybody. So six months ago we moved to Soest, a village with 45.000 people, to live near my parents, who have moved here two years ago. Info about Soest and other places I have lived and visited will be added later. Not that I have seen a lot of Soest already. Have given birth to my third four months ago, and young babies don't travel well by bike, my favourite means of transport. Soon I will take her with me in a 'fietskar', a cart pulled by bike, so I can get around with her and our boys by bike.
The bicyclecart has been well-used. It is a great way to get around, and helps me getting in shape too. For a flat country as the Netherlands we have quite some steep stretches in Soest.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 7 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- lubama05 and Mique are now friends.
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Therapeutic Hypnosis"
- Commented on Mique's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Perfect budget stay in Bouillon, Ardennes"
- Wrote a Review Perfect budget stay in Bouillon,... in Bouillon Hotels
- created a North America Travel Page "Coast to coast in North America"
updated their Profile Page "lubama's homepage"
Top 5 Pages
- Land Rheinland-Pfalz 3 reviews
- Netherlands 1 review, 1 photo
- Bouillon 1 review, 1 photo
- Provincie Zuid-Holland 1 review
- Soest 1 review