"Beijing - Imperial Peking" Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing by SLLiew

Beijing Travel Guide: 6,338 reviews and 15,979 photos

UPATED: I visited Beijing again in August 2008 for the Olympic Games Opening Ceremony and other events.

If there is only 1 place you can visit in China, it should be Beijing.

The grandeur of Chinese civilization encapsulated in the Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven and the nearby Great Wall of China.

In my humble opinion, these 3 places could immortalize the Chinese psyche of the way of life, rule and order, peace and harmony and a legacy for current and future generation of mainland Chinese and Chinese over the world and to share with the rest of the world.

Of course, I did not miss the Peking duck and the Peking Opera.

Long live Beijing. Hope you will enjoy reading my tips under Sports Travel for some of the sporting events that I had witnessed at the Beijing Summer Olympics Games 2008.

• Intro Updated May 19, 2009

• pilus_yunus's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Indeed, all your tips are very helpful for first timers to visit Beijing. I am planning to go in end of January 2010 to experience the cold dry winter. I will print a copy for quick reference. Cheers.

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2009 at 8:14 PM

We had sent our dealers to China last week. China is surely 20 years ahead of India in almost everything. I can freak out at Chinese restaurants, and over Peking Duck!! I sha be back for more.

• Onedragon's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2009 at 3:36 AM

SL ..Beijing is a Cool place..Huh??? I loved it !!

• lindyz's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2009 at 10:09 PM

SL - your beijing pages are packed full of information and very helpful tips. Well done on putting together such a comprehensive travel page! Fantastic for those of us visiting for our first time.

• unaS's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2009 at 7:35 AM

Gorgeous opening photo! Great tips. Maybe someday will actually get to visit...

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2009 at 4:47 AM

Superb Beijing page! You attended opening ceremony of Olympic, not many have such opportunity. Covered all major tourist attractions in Beijing, we certainly missed some of them! ~ho & pang

• MichaelFalk1969's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2008 at 12:36 AM

did you actually see the Summer Olympics ? Lucky you, I hope I get tickets for London next time. Excellent Peking page, by the way.

• stevemt's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2008 at 7:01 PM

Loved your Beijing pages. I hope to go there next year so it was of great interest. - STEVE

• i-s-a's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2008 at 12:26 AM

hi sl! any new tip from your recent visit?

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2008 at 9:45 AM

Top page; thx for sharing

SLLiew

“Enjoy the moment. Send me a postcard from every country.”

Badges & Stats in Beijing

Have you been to Beijing?

Latest Activity in Beijing