"Nanjing - Surprising capital of the South" Nanjing by SLLiew

Nanjing Travel Guide: 489 reviews and 1,286 photos

Nanjing is famous for the Nanking Massacre. So it was the main thing I wanted to see and the thing that I missed because I went too late. So a picture in front of the gate of the museum was what I could do for the memory those many many innocents who were merciless slaughtered.

I was surprised that there was so much that Nanjing offers. Being the former capital (Nanjing =South Capital), there were many significant historical tourist sites and museums of past dynasties. The city is more well planned than I expected and I would rate Nanjing amongst Suzhou and Hangzhou for places not to miss if you are visiting Shanghai.

• Intro Updated Apr 19, 2007

• black_mimi99's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2009 at 5:58 AM

Ahhhh Dr. Sun Tay Sen memorial is nice place.... and you have nice page Liew...

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2009 at 7:14 AM

Lovely Nanjing page! Dr. Sun Yat Sen Memorial and Nanjing Ming Tombs seems to be attractive places to visit. Thanks for sharing. ~ho & pang

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2008 at 5:32 AM

Nanjing sounds like an interesting place. Hope I'll get there one day!

• kelnsha's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2007 at 9:32 PM

Wish to visit Nanjing one day after reading your pages. Cheers!

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2007 at 8:06 PM

Nanjing is a historical city which I hope to visit one day, did not have time to go when I was in Shanghai a few years ago.

• Museeuw's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2007 at 4:18 AM

My wife said that Nanjing was not really interesting, but I think I'll suggest her next time to go anyway. I think she just doesn't want to be confronted with the horrors of 1937.

• MikeAtSea's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2006 at 6:08 AM

Having fond memories of Nanjing when I visited two years ago!! Nice page!! Michael

• albaaust's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2006 at 8:37 PM

Some useful tips -where would you suggest in terms of a three star hotel?

• Oct 15, 2006 at 12:47 PM

lovely page! Nikos

SLLiew

“Enjoy the moment. Send me a postcard from every country.”

Badges & Stats in Nanjing

Have you been to Nanjing?

Latest Activity in Nanjing