"Shenzen - Economic liberation" Top 5 Page for this destination Shenzhen by SLLiew
Shenzhen Travel Guide: 481 reviews and 1,211 photos
This used-to-be sleepy farming village across the border of Hong Kong was first open to post-Mao economic growth of China.
It was the pioneer zone for capitalist manufacturing enterprise in a Communist country.
With influx of capital from Hong Kong and later from Taiwan, it soon started the era of China low cost high quality manufacturing.
Now there are wide garden manicured highways and sparkling skyscrappers dominating the township of Shenzhen.
It enjoyed the highest standard of living for awhile before being later surpassed by other cities like Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou and Tianjin.
With the booming Chinese economy, Shenzhen has many theme parks, beaches, temples, shopping and restaurants and night outlets to keep every tourist, expatriate as well as the locals a place to enjoy themselves and spent more money.
When you are visiting the theme parks like Window of the World, Splendid China, it can be a long walk and tiring... more travel advice
In China as well as anywhere in a Chinese restaurant, tea drinking is the norm. If you joined a Shenzhen tour, you will... more travel advice
SLLiew's Related Pages
Shenzhen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "shenzhen adventures"
- "Shenzen - Economic liberation"
- "Fuyong & Shenzhen - Trip to the Pearl River Delta"
- "A work related trip"
- "Shenzhen = $ Shopping $"
- "My first bussines trip to China"
- "Shenzhen (深圳)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shenzhen
- Hotels in Shenzhen
- Transportation in Shenzhen
- Nightlife in Shenzhen
- Restaurants in Shenzhen
- Shopping in Shenzhen
- Warnings and Dangers in Shenzhen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shenzhen
- 28 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Shenzhen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shenzhen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 222 reviews, 311 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 125 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 119 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 96 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 75 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medan Intro, 51 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 59 reviews, 70 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues