"Ise - Holiest shrines in Japan" Top 5 Page for this destination Ise by SLLiew
Ise Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 144 photos
If time permit, Ise is wonderful diversion between Nagoya and Kyoto.
It is not on the JR main railway line. You will be entering into new territority of few overseas tourists.
I really had to use some Japanese to communicate to find my way around.
1) "Sumimasen" (= excuse me) is a good starter. Any English words will drive any local Japanese walking very quickly away in the opposite direction apologizing and pleading that they cannot speak "Ingirisu"
2) "Ise Jingu e ikitain desukedo?" will get you towards where want to go.
Literally, I want to to to Ise Shrine but do not know how?
3) "Arigatou" (sounds like alligator) is a simple quick thank you even if you do not understand where the arms are pointing and lesser the rapid Japanese instruction given.
A wonderful slow pace to explore if you have been doing all the pushing in the commuter trains in Tokyo and the busy temple hopping in Kyoto.
When at Ise Shrine, it is serene to walk on the gravel road shaded by tall pine trees. Observed that part of the tree... more travel advice
SLLiew's Related Pages
Ise Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Gods' Capital"
- "Ise - Holiest shrines in Japan"
- "Ise City"
- "Ise, Mie"
- "One of my most favorite places...Ise-Shima region"
- "flyingkiwi's new Ise Page"
- "Naiku Shrine, Ise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ise
- Hotels in Ise
- Transportation in Ise
- Restaurants in Ise
- Shopping in Ise
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ise
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (67)
Have you been to Ise?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ise
- Posted in Travel Bukit Mertajam Forum "Re: airport to mertajam"
- Commented on one of AyurinHiro's Ise travel pages
- updated a Ise Travel Page "Ise - Holiest shrines in Japan"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Famous Wedded Rocks of Ise-Toba"
- Wrote a Review Ise Shrine - Strolling amongst giant trees in Ise Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 222 reviews, 311 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 125 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 119 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 96 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 75 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medan Intro, 51 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 59 reviews, 70 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues