"Kamakura - Old Military Capital" Top 5 Page for this destination Kamakura by SLLiew

Kamakura Travel Guide: 138 reviews and 473 photos

This is a wonderful seaside old capital during a militaristic era.

Besides the famous giant outdoor Buddha, there are many temples, beach and eating places for a get-away day trip from Tokyo.

• Intro Updated May 1, 2007

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2009 at 9:22 PM

I love Buddhas, though I'm Catholich (I have a Buddha in my backyard) but not as big as this one! Norman :)

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2008 at 6:55 AM

Interesting page. That is one BIG Buddha. I think I would like to buy a lovely Japanese Doll with a lovely red silk kimono. A fried shrimp burger at McD's - how cool is that!

• y_lyn's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2007 at 7:29 AM

Should have read your tips before going to Kamakura! I missed out the washing $$ temple!

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2007 at 8:23 AM

Washing money? I wouldn't chance some of our worn bank notes!!! Interesting little page.

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2007 at 11:19 AM

Well, then I better start learning Japanese already now :) And if all this about the washing temple is true, I'll definitely put it in the schedule :)

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2007 at 3:29 PM

Thanks for dropping by my Basel page, SL. Great tips here - I could do with washing my bills at that temple! :-) Excellent tip about some hotels being off-limits to non-Japanese speakers - I'd better learn some Japanese before I visit!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2007 at 10:55 PM

The big Buddah looks impressive, and visiting the washing temple sounds like a good idea!

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2007 at 9:29 AM

Good tips on historical town of kamakura. Will visit this place if i am in tokyo the next time free-and-easy :)

SLLiew

“Enjoy the moment. Send me a postcard from every country.”

Badges & Stats in Kamakura

Have you been to Kamakura?

Latest Activity in Kamakura