"Charms of Nagasaki" Top 5 Page for this destination Nagasaki by SLLiew
Nagasaki Travel Guide: 154 reviews and 381 photos
Nagasaki has an early history of Chinese and Western influences because of its position as a southern port of Japan in the island of Kyushu. After 1641 when Japan went into self-imposed isolation, Nagasaki became the only contact with the outside world for Japan.
Nagasaki was, unfortunately, the second Japanese city that suffered from the horrendous nuclear bomb explosion at the end of World War II. A hydrogen bomb was dropped here by the American military.
Today, Nagasaki has recovered to be a charming city with many historic tourist sites to visit.
When you exit the Glover House, you will see interesting collection of exhibits showing the Chinese influence on... more travel advice
Unfortunately, my JR Railway Pass expired upon reaching Hakata (Fukuoka) in Kyusu Island. Going beyond Hakata to... more travel advice
SLLiew's Related Pages
Nagasaki Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nagasaki, is the most beautiful port town in Japan"
- "Charms of Nagasaki"
- "Nagasaki, Japan"
- "The Beautiful Port City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nagasaki
- Hotels in Nagasaki
- Transportation in Nagasaki
- Nightlife in Nagasaki
- Restaurants in Nagasaki
- Shopping in Nagasaki
- Warnings and Dangers in Nagasaki
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nagasaki
- 13 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Nagasaki?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nagasaki
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 222 reviews, 311 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 125 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 119 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 96 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 75 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medan Intro, 51 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 59 reviews, 70 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues