"Toba - Pearls, Pearls, Pearls" Toba by SLLiew
Toba Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 19 photos
Toba is where mass cultivation of artificial pearls started by Kokichi Mikimoto in the late 19th century.
I find the pace here so much slower than Tokyo and can smell the ocean and hear the lapping of the waves. Great place to unwind and wait patiently for transport and a boat trip in the bay.
A side trip to the Toba Aquarium
A side trip to the Wedded Rocks of Ise
What a surprising combination of putting loads of moray eels and scorpion fishes in a tank. Cannot imagine which is... more travel advice
I have been to aquariums around the world like Monterrey and in Boston and was surprised to find this excellent aquarium... more travel advice
SLLiew's Related Pages
Toba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Toba - Pearls, Pearls, Pearls"
- "Quick Stop in Toba"
- "The view of Toba Bay from Mikimoto Pearl Island"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Toba
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Toba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Toba
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 222 reviews, 311 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 125 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 119 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 96 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 75 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medan Intro, 51 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 59 reviews, 70 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues