City of Manila Favorite Tips by SLLiew Top 5 Page for this destination
City of Manila Favorites: 18 reviews and 34 photos
Favorite thing: This location was the location of the palace of the last local King beofe the arrival of the Spanish.
Fort Santiago was erected here and becomes the center of mghty Spanish colonial rule for the next 300 years.
Then it briefly taken by British forces for 2 years in the 18th century.
And then by the Americans when Spain ceded Philippines in 1898.
It was destroyed in World War II, but restored in 1950 as "Shrine of Freedom".
Favorite thing: While driving in Manila area, this disused airplane converted into a restaurant caught my eye and my camera.
Did not have time to stop to try the food on board. But it is one of the interesting places that I remember here and would like to go there if it is still around.
The other restaurant in Manila that I went was the singing restaurant where the chefs, receptionist and waiters and waitresses will sing to the diners with their pots and pans.
Favorite thing: For Malaysians, do not a visa to stay as tourist up to 21 days.
Check this website to see if your country is this list of visa free up to 21 days.
"Nationals from countries listed below who are traveling to the Philippines for business and tourism purposes are allowed to enter the Philippines without visas for a stay not exceeding twenty-one (21) days, provided they hold valid tickets for their return journey to port of origin or next port of destination and their passports valid for a period of at least six (6) months beyond the contemplated period of stay. However, Immigration Officers at ports of entry may exercise their discretion to admit holders of passports valid for at least sixty (60) days beyond the intended period of stay."
More Reviews (14)
SLLiew's Related Pages
City of Manila Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Home Sweet Home"
- "Manila - Capital of the Philippines"
- "Simply no place like home, Manila!"
- "Manila and more"
- "take a deep breath, open your eyes"
- "Exploring Metro Manila"
- See All...
- Things to Do in City of Manila
- Hotels in City of Manila
- Transportation in City of Manila
- Nightlife in City of Manila
- Restaurants in City of Manila
- Shopping in City of Manila
- Warnings and Dangers in City of Manila
- See All...
Explore the World
- Jackson Hotels
- Carrabelle Beach Hotels
- Curepipe Hotels
- Pulau Perhentian Besar Hotels
Badges & Stats in City of Manila
- 17 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to City of Manila?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in City of Manila
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Quick question: How to delete..."
- Commented on one of stamporama's City of Manila travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mail a postcard from Philippines"
- Wrote a Review Manila Cathedral in City of Manila Things to Do
- updated a City of Manila Travel Page "Manila and more"
Photos in City of ManilaSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 222 reviews, 311 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 125 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 119 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 96 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 75 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medan Intro, 51 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 59 reviews, 70 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues