"Perak - The "Silver" State Built on Tin" Top 5 Page for this destination Negeri Perak by SLLiew
Negeri Perak Travel Guide: 1,225 reviews and 3,837 photos
Perak in Malay means "silver". This is one of the largest states stretching from the border of Thailand in the north with an eastern coastline along the Straits of Melaka, surrounded by the Main Range mountains of the easst and separating by the Bernam River with Selangor state in the south.
Ipoh, Taiping, Kampar and many towns in Perak were built on tin. Malaysia was once the largest exporter of tin.
The Royal town is Kuala Kangsar which visited by Queen Elizabeth II.
Pulau Pangkor is a major tourist island which the famous Opera singer Pavorotti who performed there for a concert had acclaimed it as one of the paradise islands on earth.
Located near Taiping, the Matang Mangrove Forest Reserve is worth a stop to see the amazing mangrove trees with upward... more travel advice
The easiest way to go around Perak is by PLUS North South Highway. There is a railway line that runs from Parit Buntar... more travel advice
- See All End of School at Tanjung Malim
- Malaysian Aborigines
- Parit Buntar's Laksa and Ice Kacang
SLLiew's Related Pages
Negeri Perak Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Darul Ridzwan- Perak"
- "Perak - The Silver State"
- "Perak - The "Silver" State Built on Tin"
- "Perak "Kojar Yop Kojay" (Chase Yop Chase!)"
- "Silver State"
- "Perak Darul Ridzuan"
- "Bukit Merah Lake Town Resort"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Negeri Perak
- Hotels in Negeri Perak
- Transportation in Negeri Perak
- Nightlife in Negeri Perak
- Restaurants in Negeri Perak
- Shopping in Negeri Perak
- Warnings and Dangers in Negeri Perak
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Negeri Perak
- 99 Reviews
- 118 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Negeri Perak?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Negeri Perak
- Posted in Travel Bukit Mertajam Forum "Re: airport to mertajam"
- Wrote a Review Matang Mangrove Forest Reserve in Negeri Perak Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Matang Mangrove Forest Reserve"
- updated a Negeri Perak Travel Page "Perak - The "Silver" State Built on Tin"
- Commented on one of sklc's Negeri Perak travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 222 reviews, 311 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 125 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 119 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 96 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 75 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medan Intro, 51 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 59 reviews, 70 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues