"Close Encounter with DPRK" Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea by SLLiew
North Korea Travel Guide: 725 reviews and 2,464 photos
Since DPRK (Democratic People's Republic of Korea) or simply North Korea is currently one of the least visited places by tourists because of the political isolation, this close encounter I feel is worth documenting and sharing.
We took an USO/JSA tour from Seoul. We came. And we saw North Korea - at the border.
We physically walked across the internationally recognized border at the 38th parallel at the DMZ (De-Miltarized Zone) at Pakmujon into the soil of North Korea and then back into South Korea.
Read more in the tips....
During the briefing, we were told the different uniforms so that we could distinguished the military personnel from the... more travel advice
Inside the main armistice hall, we, the visitors, could see the main table sitting the middle of the hall where the... more travel advice
SLLiew's Related Pages
North Korea Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "North Korea - The World's Most Isolated Country"
- "Behind Enemy Lines in the Forbidden Land"
- "And now for something completely different"
- "DPRK - not another BIG story"
- "Close Encounter with DPRK"
- "A surreal experience"
- "Not really North Korea..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in North Korea
- Hotels in North Korea
- Transportation in North Korea
- Nightlife in North Korea
- Restaurants in North Korea
- Shopping in North Korea
- Warnings and Dangers in North Korea
- See All...
Badges & Stats in North Korea
- 9 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to North Korea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in North Korea
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Any crazy whirlwind many..."
- updated a North Korea Travelogue "Postcards from North Korea (DPRK)"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Postcards from North Korea (DPRK)"
- Commented on one of DSwede's North Korea travel pages
- Wrote a Review North Korean Military Personnel in North Korea Favorites
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 222 reviews, 311 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 125 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 119 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 96 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 75 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medan Intro, 51 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 59 reviews, 70 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues