"Land of the Hermit Kingdom" South Korea by SLLiew
South Korea Travel Guide: 6,380 reviews and 17,032 photos
Seoul has very deep underground trains, nice artistic stations and trains. Korean alphabets are easy to learn.
Was not used to eating with stainless steel chopsticks. Kimchi and beef do taste yummy.
Surprise to see so many churches in Korea. Soraksan, Pakmunjon (North Korea border) are worth going. I went all the way to Pusan or Busan.
Almost all the famous temples that i went were listed as UNESCO and has been rebuilt after being burnt down by the Japanese.
Korea is in between China and Japan and yet uniquely Korean.
Those who love Korean drama must visit Korea.
Identical twins, peer group pressure
While visiting the famous tourist sites, very often you can see Koreans who are on honeymoon. They dressed like identical twins.
Sometimes you may thing that all Koreans look alike. There is like an unwritten dress code, make up code and hair code. Do some people watching when you obseve the local Korean groups going for a company or community organized hike at Mount Sorak.
Again with language problem, it will be challenging to find a post office to send a South Korean postcard home. Yet,... more travel advice
Sorak-san is a popular local getaway as well as an international tourist destination. A forested mountainous national... more travel advice
SLLiew's Related Pages
South Korea Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "South Korea: It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World!"
- "KOREA: "Absolutely, Positively, Unintentionally !""
- "South Korea"
- "SOUTH KOREA"
- "The Land of the Morning Calm"
- "Korea, Coree, Corea, Hanguk, Daehanminguk"
- "South Korea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in South Korea
- Hotels in South Korea
- Transportation in South Korea
- Nightlife in South Korea
- Restaurants in South Korea
- Shopping in South Korea
- Warnings and Dangers in South Korea
- See All...
Badges & Stats in South Korea
- 33 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to South Korea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Korea
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 222 reviews, 311 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 125 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 119 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 96 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 75 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medan Intro, 51 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 59 reviews, 70 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
Top South Korea hotels
- Seoul Hotels
- 2996 Reviews - 7293 Photos
- Busan Hotels
- 304 Reviews - 739 Photos
- Incheon Hotels
- 56 Reviews - 178 Photos
- Daegu Hotels
- 41 Reviews - 93 Photos
- Suwon Hotels
- 114 Reviews - 303 Photos
- Jeju (city) Hotels
- 47 Reviews - 120 Photos
- Kyongju Hotels
- 187 Reviews - 490 Photos
- Gwangju Hotels
- 26 Reviews - 49 Photos
- Ulsan Hotels
- 22 Reviews - 46 Photos
- Pusan Hotels
- 14 Reviews - 45 Photos
- Sokch'o Hotels
- 26 Reviews - 104 Photos
- Okp'o-dong Hotels
- 14 Reviews - 26 Photos
- Kongju Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 41 Photos
- Imun-dong Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Yongsan Hotels
- 1 Review - 3 Photos