"California - A Separate Country" California by SLLiew

California Travel Guide: 47,113 reviews and 113,788 photos

Led by a famous movie actor Governor Arnold S, California is truly a unique American state that can be a country by itself.

Whether you are into wine tasting or skiing or whale watching, California is trendy, outrageous and never boring.

With cities like San Francisco and LA, with deserts like Mohave and Death Valley and parks like Yosemite and a coastline facing the Pacific Ocean, it is truly a tourist paradise.

State park at Palm Springs - snow covered mountain overlooking desolate hot desert below. The diversity and contrasts of the Californian landscape.

• Intro Updated Dec 21, 2006

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2009 at 1:50 AM

Superb California page with lovely photos! Santa Barbara, Monterey, Big Sur and Joshua National Park look interesting to us. We certainly hope to visit the state one day. ~ho & pang

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2008 at 7:13 AM

am still on your US pages since travelling style resembles :-). xclent tips for introducing california. it seems the state is a country in itself in having diversity attractions.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2007 at 12:29 AM

Wonderful page, SL! And thanks for visiting my Australia page - you really should go there!

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2007 at 7:18 AM

This is a region I'd love to visit, but awfully I hate driving, so I need to wait for a driving mate before going.

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2007 at 10:03 PM

California is a nice and rich state of the US with mild weather all year around, very good tips and I would love to visit one day :)

• MikeAtSea's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2007 at 2:53 PM

Great tips - one area that is still blank on my travel page. Michael

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2006 at 8:08 AM

Great tips! Many years ago I drove down Route 1 with friends. We didn't camp, but slept in the car, as there were four of us it was very uncomfortable.

SLLiew Used To Live Here!

SLLiew

“Enjoy the moment. Send me a postcard from every country.”

Badges & Stats in California

Have you been to California?

Latest Activity in California