"U.S.A." United States of America by SLLiew
United States of America Travel Guide: 292,755 reviews and 684,905 photos
America was home for six years.
Over the years, I have visited only these American cities - New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Chcago, St. Louis, New Orleans, Phoenix, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Palm Springs and San Diego.
More familiar with the smaller towns like New Haven, Hamden, Milford, New London, Cambridge, Santa Clara, Mountain View, San Jose, Santa Cruz, Milpitas.
The best way to see America is to drive on the highways.
So learn to drive before you travel to America. Anybody can drive in the USA,. It is easy, just keep to the right, do not follow the car in front of you too closely. And if you are stopped for any reason by by the police, do not panic, just show your foreign driving license.
Giant supermarkets are the best places to buy milk, food and whatever you need. Look out for coupons in magazine for discounts.
There are also all kinds of discounts for Disneyland, themeparks and a bucket of KFC.
Free wine tasting in Napa Valley but do not drive under the influence.
Sleeping overnight in a car in the carpark, leaving children locked in cars are illegal. In USA, law and lawyers reign supreme.
In 2006, thanks to help of VT members, I have received a postcard from all the 50 States and Washington DC, stamped and postmarked from their state post offices.
But how many of the States have I been to?
Well, I have spend most time in Connecticut and California. Also have travelled and stayed overnight at Arizona, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Utah, Vermont which is a total of 16 States plus Washington DC.
Also have made day trips or just passing through the 8 states of Alaska, Delaware, Indiana, Maryland, New Hampshire, Oregon, Rhode Island, West Virgina.
And so this leaves 26 untrodden States of Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kenctucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
But who is counting....
The Malaysian 1 sen coin is similar size and weight to the US 1 dime (10 cents). 1 dime = 36 sen (approx) No wonder... more travel advice
This is something I always find unusual for me. When you pay for your bill, say $17.50, with a $20 bill, the registrar... more travel advice
SLLiew's Related Pages
United States of America Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BASAIC's USA Page"
- "A constant work in progress"
- "United States: A Melting Pot"
- "America the Beautiful"
- "Saying Goodbye to the United States of America"
- "THE UNITED STATES"
- "USA - several trips"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United States of America
- Hotels in United States of America
- Transportation in United States of America
- Nightlife in United States of America
- Restaurants in United States of America
- Shopping in United States of America
- Warnings and Dangers in United States of America
- See All...
Badges & Stats in United States of America
- 239 Reviews
- 309 Photos
- 28 Forum posts
- 22 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to United States of America?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United States of America
- Posted in Travel Bukit Mertajam Forum "Re: airport to mertajam"
- Commented on one of Basaic's United States of America travel pages
- updated a United States of America Travel Page "U.S.A."
- Uploaded a Photo to "U.S.A."
- Wrote a Review Do not use foreign coins in laundramette in United States of America Warnings and Dangers
Photos in United States of AmericaSee All Photos (309)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 222 reviews, 311 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 125 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 119 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 96 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 75 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medan Intro, 51 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 59 reviews, 70 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues