"London - I went there to see the Queen" London by SLLiew

London Travel Guide: 23,495 reviews and 49,601 photos

Have been to London several times but saw the Queen only once - in her royal carriage leaving Buckingham Palace. Her Majesty is one of my most admired royals as I have collected many Bristish Commonwealth stamps with her portraits.

London seems familiar as an English speaking capital. A very tourist-friendly city though the pound is strong. I remember the cost of a pound for a bar of chocolate and at that time the exchange rate was six Malaysian rinngit.

London is a natural stopover from Malaysia to New York - whether at Gatwick or Heathrow airport. It is always fun to visit London for a day or two to see another museum or a West End musical.

• Intro Updated Apr 21, 2008

Travelogues (1)

• hopang's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Excellent London page! London is one of the top tourist destinations in Europe. Thanks for sharing. Bring back fond memories of our several trips to that city. ~ho & pang

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Great info SL. I will go to Hampton Palace next time!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2007 at 3:46 PM

Hi some interesting and enjoyable tips on London - hope you will have a look at mine some time!all the best.

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2007 at 5:11 AM

London is such a historical and big city, probably need to spend a few days there just to see all the attractions :)

• RoyJava's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2007 at 12:39 AM

Isn't London such a wonderful place to stay? I loved it, even it is very expensive ;O))) TNQ for visit my Pattaya, will there be soon again, greets Roy

• starship's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2007 at 5:36 AM

Very nice page, and I agree with your "must see's". London is one of my favorite big cities in the world, but I also love the English countryside. Love English Literature too!

• imran8852's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2007 at 10:35 PM

Thanks SL!

• MikeAtSea's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2007 at 9:40 AM

Great page!! Will be there in a few days for a week!! From Riga / Latvia Michael

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2007 at 8:21 AM

Oh I miss London Zoo. Love Hampton court though. :-)

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2007 at 10:29 PM

When I lived in London in the end of the 80s it was cheaper. I got three bars of chocolate for the same price as one in Sweden (instead of saving money I ate three).

SLLiew

“Enjoy the moment. Send me a postcard from every country.”

Badges & Stats in London