"Istana Negara (Residence of President)" Istana Negara by SLLiew

Istana Negara Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 101 photos

I have walked passed the Istana Negara along Orchard Road many times. The high gates were always closed.

Then I read about VT Victorwkf's page of Istana Negara. That it was open to public to visit on special days.

It was on May 1, 2007 when I suddenly saw a queue of people in front of the Istana Negara. I remembered Victor's page and went and joined the queue.

The rest is history. Hope you enjoy my virtual tour as you may not be in Singapore on those days when the Istana Negara is open to the public.

• Intro Updated Oct 14, 2007

• aannee's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2011 at 2:37 PM

Interesting page.

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2009 at 5:07 PM

nice tips from tourists' perspective. i can tell you when there is no photography allowed it turns me off too. on what side of Singapore is this destination located - towards Malaysia, islands?

• Feb 28, 2008 at 7:10 PM

Nice pictures! volopolo

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2007 at 10:42 PM

The grounds of Istana Negara looks beautiful! You were luky to pass by one of the few days when it is open.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2007 at 6:21 AM

I really enjoyed your "journal-like" entries which made it seem as though we were right there with you. The structure is, indeed, imposing, and the grounds [including the golf course] are beautiful.

• RoyJava's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2007 at 1:44 PM

Super updates SL, and great to read about Istana Negara. You are such a lucky guy, thanks for mailing me, greets RoyJava

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2007 at 11:23 AM

Thanks for revisiting my Bangkok page, SL! Great new page here! Istana Negara looks lovely - lots of greenery and great views of the city skyline in the distance! I must have walked past here many times while in Singapore...but knew nothing about it!

• Museeuw's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2007 at 10:18 AM

France is indeed a beautiful country (but not as beautiful as Belgium of course). And it is so diverse.

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2007 at 4:59 AM

Hi SL, really glad that you enjoyed your trip to the Istana :)

SLLiew

“Enjoy the moment. Send me a postcard from every country.”

Badges & Stats in Istana Negara

Have you been to Istana Negara?

Latest Activity in Istana Negara