"Sapa - A Surprising Highland Wonderland" Top 5 Page for this destination Sa Pa by SLLiew

Sa Pa Travel Guide: 129 reviews and 465 photos

Cool, green and tribal

At first, I dread of the thought of going to Sapa because one has to take an overnight train to and from to Hanoi. and

In the end the journey was not that unpleasant and I am really glad that I went to Sapa.

Stayed up two nights in this French built hill station amongst hill farming tribes who now depends on tourist dollars.

• Intro Updated Dec 21, 2006

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2011 at 5:19 PM

What a great experience for you to enjoy the green scenery and the culture of the people. YOu did a wonderful job of describing this and the pictures well done.

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Excellent well-written Sa Pa page! We first heard of Hmongs when we watched the movie "Gran Torino" by Clint Eastwood just yesterday. ~ho & pang

• Feb 28, 2008 at 7:13 PM

Nice pictures too here! volopolo

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2007 at 1:06 AM

Nice overview of Sapa with good tips. Thanks SL

• cbeaujean's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2007 at 8:09 AM

nice pics and useful info!was there last days of october 2006...the only cool weather we met in whole vietnam!very interesting ethnic markets in bac ha and can cau,as well.

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2007 at 12:49 AM

It's a pity that I missed this part of the country, I should definitly go back.

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2007 at 6:14 PM

The "grass" is greener in Sapa beautiful photos thanks SL

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2007 at 6:56 AM

I liked very much your Sapa pages It is clear that we had a very nice time there I had a lot of rain , but we didn´t mind and we had a good treking

• spearhawk's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2007 at 4:31 AM

yes, sapa definitely is one of my favourites...good sceneries and also expose yourself to the many different hill tribes and their culture...and bacha market nearby is simply mind-blowing...i am missing my time there...wat a unforgetable experience!

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2007 at 8:29 AM

Hi SL, once again thanks for your useful tips and advice on sapa! This is a very beautiful place in northern vietnam which my wife and i enjoyed very much :)

SLLiew

“Enjoy the moment. Send me a postcard from every country.”

Badges & Stats in Sa Pa