"Mountain Air & Himalayan Culture" Top 5 Page for this destination Kathmandu by SLLiew
Kathmandu Travel Guide: 960 reviews and 2,769 photos
Most unforgetable experience for me was taking the Everest flight along the Himalayan range. And then going to the cockpit of the airplane and seeing Mount Everest as close as I can.
If you cannot climb up the Everest, you can fly to Everest and be on top of the world.
Nepal is where the Indian Plate and the Tibetan Plate collide to build up the Himalaya mountains.
Nepal is where Hinduism meets with Tibetan Buddhism and coexist.
Nepal is poverty with a smile. Did not see any begging. Was definitely impressed by Nepali people for their attitude to life.
At Katmandu and neighboring town centers, the temples are majestic and it was like strolling through open air museums.
The unique Nepali architecture will consume many rolls of films or use up your digital memory sticks.
It is easy enough to pick up a postcard in Katmandu, buy stamp and mail back home. Postage of postcard to Malaysia is... more travel advice
At some of the market square, there is a row of bronze wheels that can be rotated by running one hands over them.... more travel advice
SLLiew's Related Pages
Kathmandu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kathmandu The Ancient City - Dream Destination."
- "Kathmandu (Kantipur) - a royal capital.....still"
- "Mountain Air & Himalayan Culture"
- "Kathmandu, revisited"
- "Kathamandu:A cultural heritage city"
- "The himalayan country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kathmandu
- Hotels in Kathmandu
- Transportation in Kathmandu
- Nightlife in Kathmandu
- Restaurants in Kathmandu
- Shopping in Kathmandu
- Warnings and Dangers in Kathmandu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kathmandu
- 27 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Kathmandu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kathmandu
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Any crazy whirlwind many..."
- Commented on one of stamporama's Kathmandu travel pages
- Wrote a Review Sending a Nepali postcard home in Kathmandu Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sending a Nepali postcard home"
- updated a Kathmandu Travel Page "Mountain Air & Himalayan Culture"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 222 reviews, 311 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 125 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 119 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 96 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 75 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medan Intro, 51 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 59 reviews, 70 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues