"Air Itam - "Black Water"" Ayer Itam by SLLiew
Ayer Itam Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 95 photos
Air Itam in Malay means "Water Black". It has many spellings or mispellings as Ayer Itam or Air Hitam.
Nestled in the valley south of George Town, it has many tourist attractions like Penang Hill, Kek Lok Si Temple and the famous Air Itam laksa (spicy fish based rice noodle soup).
Most first time tourists to Penang will visit Air Itam. Easy reach by public bus from Komtar or Ferry Terminal at Weld Quay.
At Kek Lok Si temple, there is a well known vegetarian restaurant. It is fully air conditioned and seemed to be busy... more travel advice
SLLiew's Related Pages
Ayer Itam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Air Itam - "Black Water""
- "- Ayer Itam -"
- "A view of Ayer Itam from my home"
- "Air Itam market's Koay Teow Th'ng"
- "There's no other place to eat on earth!"
- "Kek Lok Si Temple"
- "Temples in Ayer Itam"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ayer Itam
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Ayer Itam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ayer Itam
Photos in Ayer ItamSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 222 reviews, 311 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 125 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 119 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 96 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 75 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medan Intro, 51 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 59 reviews, 70 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues