"Airport & Multi-national Corporation Factories" Bayan Lepas by SLLiew
Bayan Lepas Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 32 photos
Bayan Lepas is the location of Penang International Airport . The first place you will land in Penang Island.
There is a small town called Bayan Lepas but most tourists will take their taxis or buses straight to Batu Ferringhi hotel belts or the hotels in George Town.
There are many multinational factories manufacturing integrated circuits and electronic devices. While many have been relocating to cheaper labor countries, a few pioneers are still around - Intel, AMD, Agilent Technologies, Fairchild, Motorola, B Braun, Renesas, etc.
The factory zone used to be called Free Trade Zone, has been renamed Free Industrial Zone (FIZ).
This green color building "Musalla Kampung Bukit" caught my eyes. It is a "Musalla" or "Prayer Hall" for Muslim.... more travel advice
Bayan Lepas Free Industrial Zone aka FIZ (formerly FTZ or Free Trade Zone) was a pioneer zone near the airport for... more travel advice
SLLiew's Related Pages
Bayan Lepas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Airport & Multi-national Corporation Factories"
- "Bayan Lepas --- My temporary home and work place"
- "Bayan Lepas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bayan Lepas
- Hotels in Bayan Lepas
- Transportation in Bayan Lepas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bayan Lepas
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Bayan Lepas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bayan Lepas
Photos in Bayan LepasSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 222 reviews, 311 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 125 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 119 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 96 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 75 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medan Intro, 51 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 59 reviews, 70 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues