"Ipoh - Capital of Perak" Top 5 Page for this destination Ipoh by SLLiew
Ipoh Travel Guide: 258 reviews and 854 photos
I have been to Ipoh countless of times. Once it was a very rich tin mining town with the highest number of Mercedes Benz per person in the world.
The local Chinese dialect used here is Cantonese like in Kuala Lumpur. In Penang, it is Hokkein. Ipoh is called "Paloh" and the name Ipoh is from a tree with poisonese sap used by the aboriginal people for their poison blowpipe darts.
Ipoh is also known as "Little Guilin", the famous region in south western China for the beautiful karst limestone hills.
There are many Chinese temples built inside limestone caves and are major tourist attractions.
When driving the North-South PLUS highway and approaching Ipoh from the north, after crossing the long river bridge, it... more travel advice
Surprise to see rojak sold at the coffee shop. It is very popular in Penang. The various fruits and vegetables like... more travel advice
SLLiew's Related Pages
Ipoh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ipoh-of Pomelos, Limestone Caves & Cantonese Food"
- "The City That Tin Built"
- "Ipoh - Capital of Perak"
- "Welcome to Ipoh"
- "Ipoh city"
- "A Nostalgic Town"
- "Ipoh - Ngah Choy Kye"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ipoh
- Hotels in Ipoh
- Transportation in Ipoh
- Nightlife in Ipoh
- Restaurants in Ipoh
- Shopping in Ipoh
- Warnings and Dangers in Ipoh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ipoh
- 16 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Ipoh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ipoh
Photos in IpohSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 222 reviews, 311 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 125 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 119 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 96 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 75 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medan Intro, 51 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 59 reviews, 70 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues