"Kuala Kangsar - Perak Royal Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Kangsar by SLLiew
Kuala Kangsar Travel Guide: 76 reviews and 231 photos
Have been to Kuala Kangsar umpteen times. The previous King of Perak used to open his Palace grounds during his birthday for a temporary gambling haven. So Kuala Kangsar used to be a magnet for gamblers or curious tourists every year. Unfortunately, this has stopped since his old majesty passing away.
Kuala Kangsar has many schools including the famous Royal Malay College of Kuala Kangsar.
Queen Elizabeth II even visited a girl's school in Kuala Kangsar. A large sum of money was spent to built a toilet suitable for her Majesty's use during her short visit.
You can find many local fruits sold especially along the highway. Kuala Kangsar is famous for durians too.
Kuala Kangsar occupies a strategic location where the railway and old federal road will pass through the town between Taiping and Ipoh.
However the town is now by-passed with the completion of the North-South PLUS highway cutting through the mountain including a tunnel. This has shortened considerably the journey between Kuala Kangsar and Ipoh.
Fortunately, the exit from the PLUS highway to Kuala Kangsar town is less than 15 minutes drive.
Kuala Kangsar is also an important junction for another road going to Lenggong and Gerik in nothern Perak and the the east-west highway between Baling in Kedah and Kota Bahru in Kelantan.
There are so many different fresh tropical fruits that you can sample when in Kuala Kangsar or anywhere in Malaysia. You... more travel advice
The tampoi is related to "duku" or anther fruit called "rambai". In the east coast state of Terengganu, it is known as... more travel advice
SLLiew's Related Pages
Kuala Kangsar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Kangsar - Perak Royal Town"
- "Its where I was born...."
- "NEGERI SULTAN ISKANDARIAH"
- "Kuala Kangsar - Bandar Diraja"
- "Kuala Kangsar ~ The Royal Town"
- "Kuala Kangsar"
- "Serene Royal K Kangsar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Kangsar
- Hotels in Kuala Kangsar
- Transportation in Kuala Kangsar
- Nightlife in Kuala Kangsar
- Restaurants in Kuala Kangsar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuala Kangsar
- 23 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Kuala Kangsar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Kangsar
Photos in Kuala KangsarSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 222 reviews, 311 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 125 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 119 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 96 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 75 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medan Intro, 51 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 59 reviews, 70 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues