Taiping Sports & Outdoors Tips by SLLiew Top 5 Page for this destination
Taiping Sports & Outdoors: 5 reviews and 7 photos
One of the fun things to do at Taiping Lake Gardens is to row or pedal a boat around the lake.
Be assured that the Lake is very shallow due to sedimentation.
It is fun to freely go around the lake by a boat.
The only thing to worry is sudden downpour and on holidays, there could be long wait for your turn. There is only 1 boat house, near the zoo where you hire the different types of boats by the hour.
Address: Taiping Lake
In the early mornings and evenings, you can join the locals in jogging or walking around the Lake Gardens.
The scenery is of tall trees, green hills and reflection of the lake kind of complete the entire experience.
After dark, the Lake Gardens has been known a dating scene but beware as crime has been on the climb.
Address: Lake Gardens
It is an easy long walk up Maxwell Hill, about 5 miles to the main top station and another mile to the higher resthouses.
Coming down may be hard on the knees. Get a walking stick. It is tarred road all the way and so stop a lot to enjoy the fresh air and greenery.
There is no traffic except for the jeeps and so stay to the side when one is coming up or down your way. Avoid taking the short-cuts between the zig zag road. And bring along an umbrella which can double up as a walking stick if it looks like it is going to rain in the late afternoon.
After the nice hike, you can go to Burmese pool for a dip.
Address: Maxwell Hill (Bukit Larut)
More Reviews (35)
- See All Taiping Museum - Another must-see
- "Qing Ming" Chinese All Souls Day
- See All Military Bases in Taiping
- See All Excellent chicken rice, soya bean, etc
SLLiew's Related Pages
Taiping Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Taiping of Perak - "Great Peace""
- "Taiping ~ Eternal Peace"
- "Taiping - town of ever lasting peace & many first."
- "Taiping - historical buildings, lake gardens & zoo"
- "~~~ TAIPING, PERAK ~~~"
- "Taiping The Town Of Peace"
- "city of eternal peace"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taiping
- Hotels in Taiping
- Transportation in Taiping
- Nightlife in Taiping
- Restaurants in Taiping
- Shopping in Taiping
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Taiping
- 38 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (67)
Have you been to Taiping?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taiping
- Posted in Travel Bukit Mertajam Forum "Re: airport to mertajam"
- Commented on one of victorwkf's Taiping travel pages
- Wrote a Review Taiping Museum - Another must-see about State Museum in Taiping Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to ""Qing Ming" Chinese All Souls Day"
- updated a Taiping Travel Page "Taiping of Perak - "Great Peace""
Photos in TaipingSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 222 reviews, 311 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 125 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 119 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 96 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 75 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medan Intro, 51 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 59 reviews, 70 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues