"Taiping of Perak - "Great Peace"" Top 5 Page for this destination Taiping by SLLiew
Taiping Travel Guide: 145 reviews and 374 photos
Taiping is one the oldest town of Perak dating back to 1870s. The name "Tai Ping" means in Chinese, "Great Peace" after a war between two clan houses of immigrant Hakka and Cantonese Chinese tin miners called "Ghee Hin" and "Hai San".
Taiping wasa center for a region important in tin mining, rice planting and rubber planting.
Taiping is laid back town with a glorious past. It was the old capital of Perak. The Taiping Museum and Taiping Prison were "first class" in those heydays of late 19th century and early 20th century.
I am never tired of visiting the Taiping Musuem. First, there is a gallery of stuffed animals including different... more travel advice
You will find that Taiping is an important army base. If you are driving from Kamunting to Taiping on the hill route,... more travel advice
SLLiew's Related Pages
Taiping Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Taiping of Perak - "Great Peace""
- "Taiping ~ Eternal Peace"
- "Taiping - town of ever lasting peace & many first."
- "Taiping - historical buildings, lake gardens & zoo"
- "~~~ TAIPING, PERAK ~~~"
- "Taiping The Town Of Peace"
- "city of eternal peace"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taiping
- Hotels in Taiping
- Transportation in Taiping
- Nightlife in Taiping
- Restaurants in Taiping
- Shopping in Taiping
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Taiping
- 38 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (67)
Have you been to Taiping?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taiping
- Posted in Travel Bukit Mertajam Forum "Re: airport to mertajam"
- Commented on one of victorwkf's Taiping travel pages
- Wrote a Review Taiping Museum - Another must-see about State Museum in Taiping Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to ""Qing Ming" Chinese All Souls Day"
- updated a Taiping Travel Page "Taiping of Perak - "Great Peace""
Photos in TaipingSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 222 reviews, 311 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 125 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 119 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 96 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 75 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medan Intro, 51 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 59 reviews, 70 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues