"Kuching - City of Cats" Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching by SLLiew

Kuching Travel Guide: 795 reviews and 2,084 photos

Kuching is the state capital of Sarawak in Malaysia and is located in the Borneo Island.

It is a riverine city with rich ethnic diversity and exotic history of the White Rajah - being ruled by the Brooke's family dynasty before becoming part of British Sarawak and later gaining independence under the Federation of Malaysia.

There is the wild Kuching where if you drive an hour out, you can see Probosics Monkeys, Orangutans, Hornbills and the world's largest flower, the Rafflesia.

Kuching is a truly wonderful destination for any first-time visitors.

• Intro Updated Aug 29, 2007

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Enjoyed your page, plenty to see and do during our short visit.

• THLIN's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2008 at 10:24 PM

I plan to go to Kuching in Sep but only 24hr only. Can you kindly tell me what is REALLY a must to visit the CAT CITY.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2007 at 7:34 AM

Too bad that I missed Sarawak and Kuching during my trip to Malaysia... Great info about the different locals!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2007 at 12:09 AM

The food looks yummy! There seem to be a lot of things to do in and around Kuching. I would like to see the orangutanges one day.

• Karlie85's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2007 at 12:43 PM

Kuching might be a good palce for me - I love cats :) I got your postcard today!Thanks so much. Nice stamps, too.

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2007 at 1:31 PM

Yes, it does seem strange to see a tomato sauce dish. Sago reminds me of a horrible school dinner pudding, made from sago, milk and sugar.We called it frogspawn.

• ChristinaNest's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2007 at 5:42 AM

Beleted congratulations for your 50th year of independence!! Nice page, I like the Goddess of Mercy statute. Are there any postcards showing Penan tribesmen??

• RoyJava's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2007 at 2:45 PM

Hi there SL,... you made Kuching worth of it to pay a visit, great VT pages, and loved the Quan Yin & Cat Museum, thanks, greets Roy, The Hague Holland

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2007 at 5:17 AM

Kong Temple is beautiful. Enjoyed information about the Cultural Village. Sago Palm Biscuits, and "hawker foods" sounds yummy. Happy Independence Day.

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2007 at 3:48 AM

Hi SL, very good writeup on Kuching and the sago biscuits seem tasty. Recently, I tried the sarawak kolo mee in Singapore's chinatown area and it was quite unique and tasty :)

SLLiew

“Enjoy the moment. Send me a postcard from every country.”

Badges & Stats in Kuching

Have you been to Kuching?