Johor Bahru Transportation Tips by SLLiew Top 5 Page for this destination
Johor Bahru Transportation: 75 reviews and 73 photos
One of the best way to get to Johor Bahru, whether from Penang, Ipoh, KL or Melaka, is to take the express bus.
There are different grades of buses with varying prices. You can different leg room and even your own personal video movie console. So check to have a look at the photo of the bus type, the number of seater, whether individual movie console and also where the bus will stop at.
Some smaller companies will stop at different towns to drop off passengers or even wait to pick up passengers. So go for direct buses from larger bus companies.
Note that there are two major bus stations. Larkin is for long distance destinations. Kotaraya is for local destinations. There is bus stop to get to Larkin in front of the Indian Temple side at Jalan Wong Ah Fook, opposite City Square.
Old Railway Station at JB
You can a train from Singapore into JB and northwards to Kuala Lumpur, Butterworth (Penang) and take another connecting train to Bangkok (Thailand).
Unfortunately, many sections of the railways are still single track and so train travel can be very slow - doubling the time taken by buses. Also due to reduced popularity, the train schedule is few and far apart.
But if you are a train enthusiast, why not.
There are many bus shuttles between Singapore and JB.
Some coming from Singapore prefer to use a common taxi, you wait until there are 4 customers per taxi or you can charter your own taxi to cross to JB. Reason is that you do not have to get out of the taxi with your luggage in the taxi booth for inspection instead of standing in the long queue for all passengers for immigration and customs that travel by buses and have to handcarry their luggage from the buses at border checkpoint.
It is also possible to just walk along the causeway between Singapore and JB. You can see some people walking when there is a heavy jam on the causeway.
Have flown several times in JB using the Senai International airport. Airport code: JHB
There are two airlines, MAS (Malaysian Airlines) and budget airlines Air Asia.
The distance of the airport to downtown JB is about 30km. There is a regular bus shuttle from downtown JB to the airport.
If flying on MAS, you can buy another prepaid coach ticket at booking that will take from Senai to downtown Singapore without having to go to JB downtown.
More Reviews (13)
SLLiew's Related Pages
Johor Bahru Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Selamat Datang!!! A Very Warm Welcome!!!"
- "Johor Bahru - A PLACE I CALL MY HOME"
- "Johor Darul Ta'zim"
- "Day Trips to Johor Bahru"
- "JB - Johor Bahru City"
- "Johor Bahru -- Nice Town, but beware of Cons"
- "Johor Bahru"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Johor Bahru
- Hotels in Johor Bahru
- Transportation in Johor Bahru
- Nightlife in Johor Bahru
- Restaurants in Johor Bahru
- Shopping in Johor Bahru
- Warnings and Dangers in Johor Bahru
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Johor Bahru
- 17 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Johor Bahru?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Johor Bahru
- Posted in Travel Sandakan Forum "Re: Leech socks"
- Commented on one of ChrisThao's Johor Bahru travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "By Causeway from Singapore"
- Wrote a Review No empty car tank if driving from Singapore in Johor Bahru Warnings and Dangers
- updated a Johor Bahru Travel Page "JB - Johor Bahru City"
Photos in Johor BahruSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 222 reviews, 311 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 125 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 119 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 96 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 75 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medan Intro, 51 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 59 reviews, 70 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sultan Abu Bakar Mosque- 10 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Istana Besar- 5 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Jalan Wong Ah Fook- 4 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Royal Abu Bakar Museum- 4 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Zoo- 3 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Eastern Pewter- 5 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Istana Bukit Serene- 3 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Old Chinese Temple- 2 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Sultan Ibrahim Building- 4 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Sri Mariamman Temple- 2 Reviews, 4 Photos
See All Johor Bahru Things to Do