"JB - Johor Bahru City" Top 5 Page for this destination Johor Bahru by SLLiew

Johor Bahru Travel Guide: 521 reviews and 948 photos

JB is the nickname of the City of Johor Bahru. The capital of the State of Johor and the southern gateway of Peninsular Malaysia.

Separated by the Tebrau Straits to Singapore island, its proximity to Singapore has brought prosperity and yet being overshadowed by Singapore for tourism. Most tourists passes by JB on their way to Singapore or Kuala Lumpur and Melaka.

It is worth a stop to check out JB food and some beautiful buildings.

• Intro Updated Aug 12, 2007

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2009 at 3:01 AM

I wouldn't be happy seeing the Animals in cramped cages, perhaps they have improved it by now, hope so!

• dancinbudgie's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2008 at 3:59 PM

Hi! Love your JB page. i worked there for 8 weeks back in the 80's at a place called the Hotel Mechinta (a bit different to the Hyatt Regency!). We had a wonderful time! Would love to go back...,looks very different to what I remember. Cheers, Tracey.

• MikeAtSea's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2008 at 9:58 AM

Visited JB from Singapore - stunning and charming town. Great page and fond memories!! Michael

• black_mimi99's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2007 at 11:35 AM

Several times I pass JB but never stay a nite... cos mostly I stay in SIngapore, well next time when pass by, I will try to stay...

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2007 at 7:28 AM

Despite the fact many people pass through on their way to Singapore or other places in Malaysia, it looks like JB has a lot of interesting things to see and do.

• THLIN's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2007 at 9:42 PM

I've never really gone to JB before, but if I have chance, I certainly would go.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2007 at 9:28 AM

If I ever get to Singapore I would consider a side trip here = thanks for the virtual tour!!

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2007 at 8:17 AM

There are indeed some interesting buildings in JB! You mentioned the food and did not write any tips about it. Hope you write some. I just love to try something new. And thanks for SL, SL :))

• agapotravel's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2007 at 7:37 AM

Hi SL! I couldn't stop reading!! Your pages are full of wonderful information and tips. I hope these ratings count...you deserve them! :-)

• vesna04's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2007 at 12:19 PM

I hope those will count, who knows ? :-) Nice page!!!

SLLiew

“Enjoy the moment. Send me a postcard from every country.”

Badges & Stats in Johor Bahru

Have you been to Johor Bahru?

Photos in Johor Bahru