"Medan - "The Penang of Indonesia"" Top 5 Page for this destination Medan by SLLiew
Medan Travel Guide: 248 reviews and 582 photos
Just returned from Medan - my fourth time there.
Medan is a great place to eat too. There is a lot of similarity between Medan and Penang with a sizeable Chinese population originally from Penang. It is like a tale of two cities. Medan and Penang are twinned cities.
Although not directly affected by the 2004 tsunami, Medan was the epicenter where all aid and personnel and famous visitors like Bill Clinton, George Bush Senior and Kofi Anand transit before proceeding to Bandar Aceh which was directly hit.
I was alerted while on board "Lion Air" that stashed in the pouch behind every seat with the standard plane safety and... more travel advice
If you have to use English, speak slowly and use textbook English phrases like... "I want to go to Lake Toba for 2... more travel advice
- See All Alfresco Dining
- Time Difference
- See All The third shopping mall we went
- See All Trying your kicking skills
SLLiew's Related Pages
Medan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Medan - "The Penang of Indonesia""
- "The Sultan's palace, a mosque & a lot more"
- "MEDAN - LAND OF DELI"
- "Unexpecting Medan"
- "medan... HOmes the tastieeeeeest asian cuisine!"
- "Medan, more of a nature"
- "A crazy, busy, crowded city with lots of good food"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Medan
- Hotels in Medan
- Transportation in Medan
- Nightlife in Medan
- Restaurants in Medan
- Shopping in Medan
- Warnings and Dangers in Medan
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Medan
- 51 Reviews
- 79 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Medan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Medan
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Anyone travelling to remote or..."
- Commented on one of explore_discover's Medan travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Tree Lined Roads & Nice Roundabouts"
- Wrote a Review Prayers as your take off in Medan Favorites
- updated a Medan Travel Page "Medan - "The Penang of Indonesia""
Photos in MedanSee All Photos (79)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penang Intro, 222 reviews, 311 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malaysia Intro, 125 reviews, 138 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 119 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 96 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asia Intro, 75 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medan Intro, 51 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 59 reviews, 70 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
Latest Medan hotel reviews
- Grand Angkasa
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Travellers Suites Medan
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 29, 2013
- Tiara Medan Hotel
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 23, 2013
- Soechi International Hotel Medan
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Danau Toba Hotel
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- Grand Mutiara Hotel Berastagi
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013
- Natour Dharma Deli
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2012
- Garuda Plaza Hotel
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013
- Hotel Polonia
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 15, 2013
- Asean International
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Hotel Deli River
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 1, 2013
- Emerald Garden
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 17, 2012
- Grand Swiss-Belhotel Medan
- 150 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Grand Aston City Hall Hotel & Serviced Residences
- 111 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013