"London Life - The Mystery of a Speeding Car" clevergirl's Profile

London Life

The Mystery of a Speeding Car is a line from a Blur song. It encapsulates the city. A gigantic city like London is very stimulating. I get most of my ideas from looking into and looking out of cafes. In this pic I am in a bar (which has nice banquette type American diner seating) on the Southbank on a summer's evening enjoying a view of the River Thames. This pic was taken on my mobile phone (US - cell phone) and hence its fuzziness.

Horniman Museum

This is one of my favourite museums. The walrus was also taken with my mobile phone (US - cell phone).

Cherry Tree

View from back window of the cherry blossom, on a beautiful spring day. A year in the cycle of the cherry tree is a metaphor for a girl's life. Beautiful for just a season.

Operator

Ah! My favourite pic. I have a thing about phones. This is my bakelite 1939 non touchtone phone. It cuts out the stress of having to press one for sales, two for technical, three for customer services, four for delivery blah blah blah and you can never listen to the options again. The cradle is SO heavy I believe you can use it as a meat tenderiser. To ring someone, you have to really really want to ring them cos there ain't redial or speeddial. Hanging up on someone, eg junk callers, is especially satisfying as you can slam with a massive clunk that leaves a BUZZING autoreverb.
Of course you may see it as wasting time. But then so is surfing around on the net, which you are doing if you are reading all this.

• Intro Updated Apr 1, 2006

• sunnychick's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2006 at 4:46 PM

Airsteam = Nirvana. Nice to 'meet' someone who can appreciate it. * saw 4 Bakelite phones at the antique market in Toronto this afternoon. As nice as they were I'd still take yours over them anytime.

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2006 at 11:30 PM

Happy birthday to you and enjoy your weekend.:-)

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2006 at 6:29 AM

very cool updates. seems you are as clever as your name suggest! :))

• orlikins's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2006 at 1:52 PM

hello CG - thanks 4 visiting my site - don't worry 2 much about the list, i only add people that i have actually met to my list, otherwise i don't c the point - but we have dublin VT meets a lot -all are welcome :-)

• Mar 8, 2006 at 8:32 AM

Hi, my mail is not working today either. Have a great day.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2006 at 4:23 PM

Greetings! Welcome to the VT community. Joe

• ScunnyArfie's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2006 at 8:17 AM

Hello Clevergirl,welcome to VT.Happy travels. :-)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
clevergirl's Profile Photo

clevergirl

“Go in (search of) Good Weather”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.