"Our Trip to Bastia, Corsica Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Bastia by qqnatalia

Bastia Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 88 photos

Bastia City

Nice-Corsica.
My husband and I took a plane (Corsican Air or CCM) from Nice Aiport to Bastia. The journey took about 55 minutes. We paid 238 euro for two people. The plane was good, the service was good, no delayed. I gave my review as excellent for this airplane.

Bastia City.
We arrived in Bastia (which is not Bastia City) in the day time. It is easy to go to Bastia City from the airport, either taxi or bus. Taxi ofcourse is expensive. Bus stop is just in front of the exit door of the airport. The price of the bus 4 euro/person, the driving took about 20 minutes.

Hotel Central, Bastia.
Then, we arrived at Bastia City. From the bus stop, we walked to the Hotel which was Hotel Central (http://www.centralhotel.fr/). The accomodation here costs 50 euro/room/night, breakfast is not included. But there is a little restaurant in the hotel that serves breakfast. The Hotel was really central, right in the middle of the city. I like the hotel because it is just around the shops and restaurants, good walking distance to anywhere in the city, perfect! since we did not stay long in the city. But, my husband had a problem with sleeping. He could almost hear every car who passed the hotel, especially those with horn. Oh Bastia people love to use horn. It was so contradict to where we come from, Norway, where horn is not allowed to use on the street. But again, I could sleep well there in the hotel.

Bastia in a day

Bastia City is not that big, we could actually see almost everything in just one day by foot. Well, if it started in the morning and ended in late afternoon. First, we started at The Saint-Nicolas Square, as the heart of the city, then to Citadel (the old city). We saw so many beautiful buildings there (churches with beautiful gold decorating , museum and ofcourse so many cafe). We tried every alleys we passed to discover what it was, what was happening in the end, very interesting. At the end of the day we walked to another direction 'Port Toga' to see the beaches there

February in Bastia

Please note that all the price i mentioned above were in february 2006. According to the people here, it was not high season at all, of course the city was cold and windy. brrr.....so cold. We did not have the chance to swim or even sunbathing there. Well, next time we go to Corsica, it should be in the summer i think, so we could have got the sun and the warm.
But anyway, we had a great time there. We ate so much there (especially pasta! We came to this Restaurant Pub concorde and had pasta and pizza everyday). And above all, being in corsica, we must not forget to try the corsican Wine.. oh yumm yumm yummm.

• Pros:Bastia is beautiful, go look around by foot
  • Cons:Don't stay too long here, get of of the city and go around the island
  • In a nutshell:You are so misterious, I will come back!
  • Last visit to Bastia: Feb 2006
  • Intro Updated Mar 22, 2006

Comments

qqnatalia

“Like to see beaches around the world”

Ranked Member