"Gateway to the San Juans" Anacortes by barney1974
Anacortes Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 140 photos
Anacortes is a small town situated about 2 hours north of Seattle on Fidalgo Island. The easiest way to get there is taking I-5 until you get to Mt Vernon or Burlington and go west from there. Once you pass over the bridge, the Swinimish Northern Lights Casino will greet you. The town of Anacortes is located another 4 miles from there. There are many parks in wich to hike in, boats to take out for fishing or for whale watching, kayak rentals, scuba diving, or the downtown are to walk around. The ferry system also leaves from the west end of the island for the San Juans and for Victoria, Canada. There are a lot of places to go to and lots of things to see. It's a very nice place to visit!
Here is the obligatory tulip field tip. The Skagit Valley produces more tulips than anywhere in the world, including the... more travel advice
barney1974's Related Pages
Anacortes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quiet City with Old Downtown"
- "One of the ports to go to Olympic Peninsula!"
- "Gateway to the San Juans"
- "Pretty much the best place to live ever"
- "Lets Get off the Ferry!"
- "Washington State San Juan Island Adventure"
- "WFTR's new Anacortes Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Anacortes
- Hotels in Anacortes
- Transportation in Anacortes
- Nightlife in Anacortes
- Restaurants in Anacortes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Anacortes
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Anacortes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Anacortes
Top 10 Pages
- Seattle Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- South Lake Tahoe Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Issaquah Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- North Bend Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Lyon Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Bellevue Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Anacortes Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Venice Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 7 reviews, 2 photos
- Tavira Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos