"Buzzin' 7 days a week" Top 5 Page for this destination Makati by KookieDough
Makati Travel Guide: 594 reviews and 2,252 photos
I visit Makati about 3 to 5 times a week, whether to meet with clients or with friends.
For a lot of Filipinos and even foreign nationals, Makati City is the place to be. Headquarters of most of the major companies in the Philippines are located here. In this city also lies two of the most modern commercial malls in the country - the Ayala Center (Glorietta and Greenbelt) and Power Plant. Aside from this, Five-star hotels like Shangri-La Hotel Manila, New World Renaissance, The Peninsula, Mandarin Oriental and Hotel Intercontinental are all situated around Ayala Center.
From Monday to Friday, it is busy in all the streets of Makati. But on weekends, the buzz is concentrated in the mall areas.
- Pros:A self-sufficient community. You can find almost everything here. Never a dull moment!
- Cons:Heavy traffic!
Kopi Roti's offerings are a great alternative to the usual Filipino breakfast fare of sinangag (fried rice) or pan de... more travel advice
Always watch out for the upcoming live events at Greenbelt 3, which has already staged concerts featuring some of the... more travel advice
KookieDough's Related Pages
Makati Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Makati CBD, My Urban Refuge"
- "Buzzin' 7 days a week"
- "MAKATI CITY"
- "Makati City: From Swamp To Swanky Metropolis"
- "Mabuhay, Welcome to Makati City!"
- "Central Business District"
- "Makati is Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Makati
- Hotels in Makati
- Transportation in Makati
- Nightlife in Makati
- Restaurants in Makati
- Shopping in Makati
- Warnings and Dangers in Makati
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Makati
- 30 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Makati?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Makati
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 30 reviews, 14 photos
- Manila Intro, 25 reviews, 17 photos
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos
- Davao City Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Baguio City Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tagaytay City Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Subic Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Bataan Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Pagudpud Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos