"Sveiki (that's hi) from Latvia! :)" NilsTheFreelancer's Profile

Who I am

The young man who is mad about 1) knowing other countries, 2) rugby (favourite teams - New Zealand, France, Argentina, Wales, Fiji, Samoa, South Africa), 3) beer (it is an evidence that God indeed loves us and wants that we feel great); 4) music (the Doors and more or less alternative music (no blunt commercial music, please) especially); 5) movies (and that means not just Hollywood blockbusters); 6) computer games (I admit - I'm uncurably addict - especially the likes of strategy (Civilization series, Stronghold Crusader, etc.), action (Max Payne, Hitman, GTA series etc.), adventure (Freelancer etc.)); 7) Go (I'm about 10 kyu now) and chess (quite strong). Maybe I forgot to mention something (sure, I did). :)

Languages

Latvian (native), Russian (fluent), English (reasonably good but far from perfect), German (quite mediocre), French, Italian, Norwegian, Arabic (very, very basic indeed). I can more or less understand other Slavic, Romance or German languages when words have any similarities to languages I know.

• Intro Updated Aug 1, 2008

• a2lopes's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2009 at 9:18 AM

Happy birthday and many happy returns of the day. Greetings from Lisbon which is waiting for your visit. Why not for the Euromeeting next May? It will be nice with vteers from all over

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Happy birthday!! Hope you have a nice day, cheers from Mexico!

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2008 at 8:51 AM

Happy birthday to you from Istanbul/Turkiye...I wish that you realize all your dreams good luck !!!))))

• Dec 7, 2007 at 3:17 AM

Thanks Nils i love Europe too.

• CaliforniaJen's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2007 at 10:46 PM

I would like to learn to play Go. I didn't know they played it in Latvia! The only place I've seen it around is in San Francisco's Chinatown, but my Mandarin is rusty :)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
NilsTheFreelancer's Profile Photo

NilsTheFreelancer

“... and now something completely different!”

Real Name