"Boca del Amazonas" Manaus by K-nalla
Manaus Travel Guide: 300 reviews and 843 photos
Getting here was an adventure in itself and being here even better. Come in by via the Amazon river or by plane and it will be the same shocking experience: a big modern, did I mention big?, in the middle of the jungle, skyscrapers that model the skylight of the city get reflected into the magnificent Amazon River. This city got its growth spurs thanks to the exports of rubber, oil and timber that came out of the Amazonian rainforest. Venezuela and Peru's rainforest do business with Manaus before coming down to their countries because of the ease of maneuvering this river making therefore Manaus into the center of commerce of the Amazon.
Manaus has Brazilian flavor pouring out of every hole in the city plus every exotic fruit and fish you could imagine coming down the Amazon River, plus the city hosts the amazing convergence of the Black River and the Amazon river. Quite a show.
Please don't miss the market and their market food. Great guarana and fried paiche, mmmm You can also enjoy the view of... more travel advice
The join of the Amazon and the black river is an incredible feat of nature. You can see them both running along each... more travel advice
K-nalla's Related Pages
Manaus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Worth the Trek."
- "The city I live"
- "MANAUS, Mother of the gods…"
- "The Great Mother"
- "What is happiness, my love…."
- "River City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manaus
- Hotels in Manaus
- Transportation in Manaus
- Nightlife in Manaus
- Restaurants in Manaus
- Shopping in Manaus
- Warnings and Dangers in Manaus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manaus
- 5 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Manaus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manaus
Photos in ManausSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Lima Intro, 22 reviews, 34 photos
- Cajamarca Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 8 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ica Intro, 5 reviews, 29 photos
- Chachapoyas Intro, 5 reviews, 26 photos
- Salvador Intro, 6 reviews, 24 photos
- Benaoján Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Manaus Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos
- Puno Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos
No friends yet.