"Learning To Live It" Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln by supercarys
Lincoln Travel Guide: 220 reviews and 485 photos
Love it or hate it? Haven't yet decided. At first when I arrived I was living in a bad area of town and had seen relatively nothing of the city. I hated it instantly. I have since moved and have also explored a little. Parts of the city seem quite nice. Just the other day I thought to myself "I could live here" which is very lucky considering I have to for the next 4 months!
Funny story; as I was walking into uni past Brayford Pool (where there are vast quantities of water birds) all these ducks and geese were quacking their heads off and it actually sounded like they were laughing. Some of them were little quacks in a row like 'ha ha ha!' and others were more like 'Haaaaaaaaaaa hhhhhaaaaaaaaa hhhhaaaaaa!'. I wonder what the people walking towards me thought when they saw me laughing under my breath at apparently nothing?!
As I said, yet to decide. I have only been here for 2 weeks. I will put something better up here soon, I promise.
When The Shock Wears Off
So now that I've been here for a month and my perspective has changed, I quite like Lincoln. It's quite a pedestrian friendly town and has a lot of street stalls. There is a regular farmer's market and this weekend (20/10/06 - 22/10/06) there is a continental market with stalls such as coffee, soap, wurst, juices, dried fruits, crafts such as bags and cushions and many other things. I'll put up some pictures of the market and other ones of the town shortly.
5 Months in Lincoln
Well, I've just arrived home in Australia after living in Lincoln so long it felt like I'd been there my whole life. I love the city of Lincoln. I think it will always feel like home to me. There is always somewhere to go, something to do, something to see. I really miss it.
Lincoln is a city that's small enough to walk and see everything in. I hope to go back some day and see how different it is.
"First you hate it, then you get used to it. Enough time passes, comes so you depend on it. That's Lincolntutionalised"
Misquote from a great movie.
- Pros:Cathedral Quarter, Steep Hill
- Cons:Getting up Steep Hill!
- In a nutshell:Feels like home to me...
Parts of this pub date back as far as the 14th century. It is a traditional English pub, good food, close atmosphere,... more travel advice
Walking into this shop is like walking into the early 1900s. Jars and jars full of sweets of every description line the... more travel advice
supercarys' Related Pages
Lincoln Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lincoln: a wonderful old city"
- "Learning To Live It"
- "It got a hill, a castle and a cathedral"
- "More history than you can shake a stick at........"
- "Medieval Lincoln"
- "A Rich History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lincoln
- Hotels in Lincoln
- Transportation in Lincoln
- Nightlife in Lincoln
- Restaurants in Lincoln
- Shopping in Lincoln
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lincoln
- 21 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Lincoln?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lincoln
Photos in LincolnSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Orkney Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Western Isles Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shetland Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Northern Ireland Intro, 1 review, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Egypt Intro, 13 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue