"Learning To Live It" Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln by supercarys

Lincoln Travel Guide: 221 reviews and 490 photos

**** At First Sight

Love it or hate it? Haven't yet decided. At first when I arrived I was living in a bad area of town and had seen relatively nothing of the city. I hated it instantly. I have since moved and have also explored a little. Parts of the city seem quite nice. Just the other day I thought to myself "I could live here" which is very lucky considering I have to for the next 4 months!

Funny story; as I was walking into uni past Brayford Pool (where there are vast quantities of water birds) all these ducks and geese were quacking their heads off and it actually sounded like they were laughing. Some of them were little quacks in a row like 'ha ha ha!' and others were more like 'Haaaaaaaaaaa hhhhhaaaaaaaaa hhhhaaaaaa!'. I wonder what the people walking towards me thought when they saw me laughing under my breath at apparently nothing?!

As I said, yet to decide. I have only been here for 2 weeks. I will put something better up here soon, I promise.

When The Shock Wears Off

So now that I've been here for a month and my perspective has changed, I quite like Lincoln. It's quite a pedestrian friendly town and has a lot of street stalls. There is a regular farmer's market and this weekend (20/10/06 - 22/10/06) there is a continental market with stalls such as coffee, soap, wurst, juices, dried fruits, crafts such as bags and cushions and many other things. I'll put up some pictures of the market and other ones of the town shortly.

5 Months in Lincoln

Well, I've just arrived home in Australia after living in Lincoln so long it felt like I'd been there my whole life. I love the city of Lincoln. I think it will always feel like home to me. There is always somewhere to go, something to do, something to see. I really miss it.

Lincoln is a city that's small enough to walk and see everything in. I hope to go back some day and see how different it is.

"First you hate it, then you get used to it. Enough time passes, comes so you depend on it. That's Lincolntutionalised"

Misquote from a great movie.

• Pros:Cathedral Quarter, Steep Hill
  • Cons:Getting up Steep Hill!
  • In a nutshell:Feels like home to me...
  • Last visit to Lincoln: Dec 2006
  • Intro Updated Apr 19, 2007

• kidfree's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2007 at 12:19 PM

Great pics, very good page. Its about time I paid a visit

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2007 at 5:27 AM

Hi Carys, it's years since I was in linocln, but your pages made me want to go back. Great snow photo of the Cathedral. fergy.

• Vulindlela's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2007 at 10:09 PM

Great Lincoln page! I really enjoy your photography.

• iwys's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2007 at 12:32 PM

I see you have updated your Lincoln page and I am the first person to visit your nice new photo album. It's interesting to read how your attitude towards the place changed over time. Where to next?

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2006 at 2:16 AM

useful start made, i'd say

supercarys Used To Live Here!

supercarys

“If you're not going to try it, you might as well stay at home”

Badges & Stats in Lincoln

Have you been to Lincoln?

Latest Activity in Lincoln