"The Lower Blue Mountains" Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park by supercarys

Blue Mountains National Park Travel Guide: 342 reviews and 1,063 photos

Bushwalking / Hiking / Tramping

My house backs right onto the national park and I have a lot of amatuer experience bushwalking in the local area having grown up here too. There are plenty of beautiful lookouts in the Blue Mountains, a lot of them are unmarked and unfenced giving them a more natural feel although they are not the most popular ones. I would recommend stopping at every clear point along a cliff walk to take a look, the scenery will be worth it (don't get lost though!)

Best things to do in the Mountains

1. Go for a bushwalk. You can do this almost anywhere, there are trails everywhere.
2. Visit Jenolan Caves (the pic at the top). They're so beautiful.
3. See kangaroos in the wild (from about September to February) in Euroka Clearing, Glenbrook.
4. Have a coffee in a cafe in Glenbrook. Join us! Glenbrook has lots of excellent cafes.
5. Go on the Scenic Railway, Katoomba. Quite fun! You can see the Three Sisters from here.
6. Go to the Winter Magic Festival in Katoomba (in June).
7. Explore Mr Pickwick's Fine Old Books in Katoomba. I love this place, it's chock full of antique books - a bibliophile's delight!
8. Have a BBQ at one of the parks (just make sure there isn't a fire ban - during summer it can be illegal to light a fire. Public BBQs will have signs letting you know).

You can see these as travel tips at the bottom of this page.

You can explore this Blue Mountains site for some good trivial information on the surrounding towns.

I'm A Local

I will be continually adding tips to this page. There are so many attractions locally that it's impossible to put them all up at once. The Mountains, as the Blue Mountains is known locally, is ever changing. New cafes spring up all the time and 'Cccongo' just bit the dust - I guess no one knew it was there. Look at my tips, people! (It wasn't all that great anyway).

Here's to more tips in the future.

PS. Look out for my new pictures - I've just put heaps more up and there are my new spider and creepy crawly travelogues of local spiders and insects too! (On my home page) I've yet to see a Funnel Web spider while I've had a camera handy though, very disappointing.

I've just decided to take photos of some of the local birds as well. Unfortunately I've chosen the wrong time of year to start, but I'd like to get some photos of galahs, rosellas, rainbow lorikeets, the somewhat elusive black cockatoo, the kookaburra and so on. They'll go in a travelogue at the bottom of this page.

• Pros:Clean and fresh air and scenery
  • In a nutshell:The place I love to be
  • Intro Updated May 22, 2008

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Love your excellent opening photo!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Looks like I'll have to contact you next time I'm down there. Just got back from Newnes and Glen Davis.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2008 at 5:38 AM

Nice tips!

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Visiting the Blue Mountains was realy a great experience for me, a true first for many things ;-)

• craic's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2008 at 7:16 PM

oh the cicadas are noisy buggers aren't they!

• Wafro's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2008 at 12:16 PM

This must be an extraordinary place to visit. Maybe sometime??? GRTz from Belgium

• kopwint's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2007 at 11:22 PM

happy birthday to you,I love park and we live near N park that park is real wild and greeny I will make good place for travellers,Happy and freee in your days of 2007

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2007 at 10:54 PM

♫•:*¨`*:•Happy birthday to you♫♫Happy b-day to you♫HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ღ ? ღ ♫♫Happy b-day to yoou•:*¨`*:•♫ I wish you not only a happy year, but also happier maany returns (~_~)

• ZiOOlek's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2007 at 3:45 AM

Really interesting tips and nice pics.:-) I am happy not to meet spiders when visitng Australia as I have an Arachnophobia.:D Best regards.:o)

• adelaidean's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2007 at 1:35 PM

fantastic tips...You have me wanting to visit the Blue Mountains once again!!!!!

supercarys Lives Here!

supercarys

“If you're not going to try it, you might as well stay at home”

Badges & Stats in Blue Mountains National Park

Have you been to Blue Mountains National Park?