"The Lower Blue Mountains" Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park by supercarys
Blue Mountains National Park Travel Guide: 342 reviews and 1,063 photos
My house backs right onto the national park and I have a lot of amatuer experience bushwalking in the local area having grown up here too. There are plenty of beautiful lookouts in the Blue Mountains, a lot of them are unmarked and unfenced giving them a more natural feel although they are not the most popular ones. I would recommend stopping at every clear point along a cliff walk to take a look, the scenery will be worth it (don't get lost though!)
1. Go for a bushwalk. You can do this almost anywhere, there are trails everywhere.
2. Visit Jenolan Caves (the pic at the top). They're so beautiful.
3. See kangaroos in the wild (from about September to February) in Euroka Clearing, Glenbrook.
4. Have a coffee in a cafe in Glenbrook. Join us! Glenbrook has lots of excellent cafes.
5. Go on the Scenic Railway, Katoomba. Quite fun! You can see the Three Sisters from here.
6. Go to the Winter Magic Festival in Katoomba (in June).
7. Explore Mr Pickwick's Fine Old Books in Katoomba. I love this place, it's chock full of antique books - a bibliophile's delight!
8. Have a BBQ at one of the parks (just make sure there isn't a fire ban - during summer it can be illegal to light a fire. Public BBQs will have signs letting you know).
You can see these as travel tips at the bottom of this page.
You can explore this Blue Mountains site for some good trivial information on the surrounding towns.
I will be continually adding tips to this page. There are so many attractions locally that it's impossible to put them all up at once. The Mountains, as the Blue Mountains is known locally, is ever changing. New cafes spring up all the time and 'Cccongo' just bit the dust - I guess no one knew it was there. Look at my tips, people! (It wasn't all that great anyway).
Here's to more tips in the future.
PS. Look out for my new pictures - I've just put heaps more up and there are my new spider and creepy crawly travelogues of local spiders and insects too! (On my home page) I've yet to see a Funnel Web spider while I've had a camera handy though, very disappointing.
I've just decided to take photos of some of the local birds as well. Unfortunately I've chosen the wrong time of year to start, but I'd like to get some photos of galahs, rosellas, rainbow lorikeets, the somewhat elusive black cockatoo, the kookaburra and so on. They'll go in a travelogue at the bottom of this page.
- Pros:Clean and fresh air and scenery
- In a nutshell:The place I love to be
Lennox Bridge was the first stone bridge to be erected on the Australian Mainland. Constructed by David Lennox between... more travel advice
Megalong Valley Farm is a great place to spend the day, especially if you have kids. There are farm animals of all sorts... more travel advice
Written May 1, 2008
Katoomba scenery, flora and fauna
Written May 3, 2008
Local Birds (In progress)
supercarys' Related Pages
Blue Mountains National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In the Valleys"
- "Check out if they are BLUE"
- "The Lower Blue Mountains"
- "Blue Mountains Adventure"
- "Blue Moutains / Katoomba / Three Sisters"
- "Blue Mountains"
- "Blue Mountains National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blue Mountains National Park
- Hotels in Blue Mountains National Park
- Transportation in Blue Mountains National Park
- Restaurants in Blue Mountains National Park
- Shopping in Blue Mountains National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Blue Mountains National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Blue Mountains National Park
- 36 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Blue Mountains National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blue Mountains National Park
- Posted in Travel Stockholm Forum "Re: Anyone heard of Scandinavian..."
- updated a Blue Mountains National Park Travel Page "The Lower Blue Mountains"
- Wrote a Review Lennox Bridge - Built by Convicts in Blue Mountains National Park Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lennox Bridge - Built by Convicts"
- Commented on one of scrooge1947's Blue Mountains National Park travel pages
Photos in Blue Mountains National ParkSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 36 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Orkney Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Western Isles Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shetland Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Northern Ireland Intro, 1 review, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Egypt Intro, 13 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue