"Playa del Carmen/Riviera Maya - Eldorado Royale" Playa del Carmen by changeinlatitude
Playa del Carmen Travel Guide: 780 reviews and 1,749 photos
You can't really say that you've stayed in Cancun if you really stayed in Riviera Maya or Playa. It's like saying you went to Disney World, when you actually went to Disney Land. They are two totally differnt places. Cancun is more of a place that you can venture off your resort. Walk around the city, go shopping and visit different restaurants. Riviera/Playa, not so much. And you know what? We LOVED it!!!!
We have frequented Cancun and always have a fabulous time. This vacation, however, we stayed at the El Dorado Royale in Riviera Maya just outside of Playa del Carmen.
The resort was simply AMAZING!! No need to go off the resort to shop. They have several very nice shops in the lobby area and in the resort area and the prices aren't bad at all. The food is spectacular, the service superb. And the grounds....... simply GORGEOUS!!!!!
I highly recommend this resort, and believe me, the upgrade to the Casitas......... a MUST!!
As soon as you pull up to the front gates of El Dorado Royale, you know that you have made the right choice. And when you enter the lobby, you are greated with the fragrant fresh flower arrangements with aroma filling the air, the beautiful fountain and of course, my favorite, a Mimosa.
Be sure to check out my albums that go along with this trip. I have quite a few pictures of this magnificent resort.
Oh my, the Casitas are a must. The Casita area of the resort is geared toward the quite side. It's much more private and romantic with the beach beds and hammocks and not the hustle and bustle of the main pool entertainment. Most visiters in the Casitas are couples looking for a nice quiet retreat with maybe a few Tequila shots before siesta and then off to a very nice dinner.
Each Casita area has approximately 14 rooms with ocean front amenities, swimming pool and a swim up bar. Each seperate little building is only two stories (2 Casitas on each end of the section that are 1 story and a building of it's own), with the lowever level having the swim up ability through the swim cannals connected to the pool. Which is nice.
We chose the 2nd level, since we love having the doors open to listen to the ocean and have the ocean breeze (which is abundant here) fill the room. Plus, no iguanas in my room, thank you very much.
The rooms are very spacious with an indoor jacuzzi, covered balcony, that has a very nice bed (we loved that), and an outdoor shower. Theres a lot to be said about taking a shower outside. We never used the indoor shower. And the jacuzzi? Well, Tony is 6'1" and he was able to stretch out in it very comfortably.
Don't worry about packing shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer or body wash. The amenities they supply are fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Pros:An amazing resort with everything you could possibly want.
- Cons:Hmmmm, I've got nothing!!!
- In a nutshell:Mexico at it's best.
changeinlatitude's Related Pages
Playa del Carmen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Playa del Carmen-my Mexican paradise"
- "Now THIS is the life!"
- "PLAYA DEL CARMEN"
- "Playa Del Carmen"
- "Riviera Maya - Culture, relax, sea and tequilla"
- "Playa del Carmen"
- "A beautiful playa in Playa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Playa del Carmen
- Hotels in Playa del Carmen
- Transportation in Playa del Carmen
- Nightlife in Playa del Carmen
- Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
- Shopping in Playa del Carmen
- Warnings and Dangers in Playa del Carmen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Playa del Carmen
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Playa del Carmen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Playa del Carmen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Louis Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cancún Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Lake Ozark Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Orleans Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Key West Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cabo San Lucas Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Phoenix Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Reno Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Oklahoma City Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (8)
Latest Playa del Carmen hotel reviews
- Occidental Allegro Playacar - All-Inclusive
- 1391 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 2, 2013
- Blue Parrot Hotel and Beach Club
- 110 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013
- Hotel Vista Caribe
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 24, 2013
- Ocean Maya
- 2403 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Hotel Posada Freud
- 91 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 27, 2013
- Illusion Boutique Hotel
- 384 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- Playa Palms Beach Hotel
- 437 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Pueblito Escondido Resort
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 20, 2013
- Xaman-ha Luxury Condominiums Playa del Carmen
- 134 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 3, 2013
- Petit Lafitte
- 507 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condo Hotel
- 609 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Luna Encantada Condos
- 87 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Coco Rio
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 30, 2013
- Hotel Banana
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 23, 2013