"My Home Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Louis by changeinlatitude

Saint Louis Travel Guide: 1,123 reviews and 1,960 photos

St. Louis

I actually live in the burbs of St. Louis. The St. Louis area is split up into "Counties", North County, South County and West County. I live in West County, approximately 20 minutes from downtown, depending on the time of day and the highway you are traveling.

I have lived here most of my life. I was actually born in Michigan, but moved to Missouri when I was ten. I grew up most of the time in a little town way west of St. Louis called Villa Ridge, however, most of our family lived in West County, so I have pretty much spent most of my time in this area.

There are lots of things to do in our area. As you may or may not know, St. Louis is a HUGE sprots town. We support our teams no matter what kind of season they are having. Our new Busch Statum is a wonderful place to see a ballgame. Not a bad seat in the house. Want tickets to a Cards game? GOOD LUCK!!!

Want to know what the weather is like in St. Louis right now? Click on the link below.

Weather

Here is a great website that gives a lot of details about the history of Missouri. Check it out some time. It is good reading.

answers

What do I do for a living? Click on the link below and see.

telegraphtanco

Boating On The Mississippi

Our favorite thing to do during the season is boating. If it is Sunday and it is warm and sunny, that is where you will find us.

The marinas in the St. Charles area are very nice. We are in what is called The Alton Pool, which consists of the area between the Winfield Lock and Dam all the way to Alton, Illinois.

Generally, the water is very smooth and there are lots of sandy islands to stop and go swimming, BBQ, hang with friends, etc.

We have a great website here locally that is very informative as far as where to go on the river, what to do, what to look out for and maps with the names of the islands. Click on the link below.

riverbills

If you are not from the area, you wouldn't believe how big of a boating area St. Louis is. At least once or twice a year we meet people traveling down from north headed south toward New Orleans or the Caribbean on the Mississippi.

Also, there are some great restaurants on the river that are accessable via boat or car. I will list a few in my tips.

A newer marina opened a couple of years ago, Grafton Harbor that has a great restaurant. It's our new favorite place for lunch. The food is very good, service is great and the docks are fantastic. Next time you are up that way via road or water, be sure to stop in for a bite to eat. You won't be disapointed. Here is a link for you to check it out.

graftonharbor

WORLD CHAMPION - St. Louis Cardinals 2007 Season

Well our season opener is April 1. Can't wait to see how things pan out this year. We still have a lot of the same team members, however, we did lose a few key payers. No matter, they have had a pretty good pre-season so far. We should have a great season in our beautiful new stadium.

I am still trying to score some tickets to the opening game. YEAH RIGHT, good luck with that one. If by chance I do get to go, I will take pictures and post them after the game.

• Pros:A great sports town.
  • Cons:Major road construction on just about every highway in town these days.
  • In a nutshell:Its a big small town and you never know who you might run into in the most unexpected places.
  • Intro Updated Mar 24, 2011

• kahnjetta's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2014 at 4:34 PM

I love your sunset pic at the Mississippi River. :)

• riorich55's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2011 at 7:39 AM

Great food pictures from McCormack's. We are having a weekend gathering of VTers up in Chicago on June. Check the VT meeting pages for more info.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2007 at 8:27 AM

Nice tips on your hometown = all looks a lot of fun!!

• Tugboatguy's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2007 at 8:51 PM

Hi Carole, my revist shows you have a Top 5 Rating on this page. Congrats! I remember my Summer in St. Louis-100 degrees & 100% humidity! Can be a steamy place. Your added tips & pics are GR8! Doug <(^_^)>

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2006 at 1:53 PM

Great hotel tips! Wow, I'd love to see my first ever baseball match in St. Louis - maybe during my next US trip :-) I've visited San Diego Zoo which impressed me... I see St. Louis ZOO should be the next one.

• preadhead's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2006 at 8:30 AM

Mmmm my kind of hotel. Rolling Stones and then a bit of luxury. What a night you had !! :-) Helen

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2006 at 6:51 AM

I haven't known that some cities could have free zoo. Very good tips about your hometown.

changeinlatitude

“If we weren't crazy we would all go insane.”

Badges & Stats in Saint Louis

Have you been to Saint Louis?

Latest Activity in Saint Louis