"My Home Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Louis by changeinlatitude
Saint Louis Travel Guide: 1,123 reviews and 1,960 photos
I actually live in the burbs of St. Louis. The St. Louis area is split up into "Counties", North County, South County and West County. I live in West County, approximately 20 minutes from downtown, depending on the time of day and the highway you are traveling.
I have lived here most of my life. I was actually born in Michigan, but moved to Missouri when I was ten. I grew up most of the time in a little town way west of St. Louis called Villa Ridge, however, most of our family lived in West County, so I have pretty much spent most of my time in this area.
There are lots of things to do in our area. As you may or may not know, St. Louis is a HUGE sprots town. We support our teams no matter what kind of season they are having. Our new Busch Statum is a wonderful place to see a ballgame. Not a bad seat in the house. Want tickets to a Cards game? GOOD LUCK!!!
Want to know what the weather is like in St. Louis right now? Click on the link below.
Here is a great website that gives a lot of details about the history of Missouri. Check it out some time. It is good reading.
What do I do for a living? Click on the link below and see.
Our favorite thing to do during the season is boating. If it is Sunday and it is warm and sunny, that is where you will find us.
The marinas in the St. Charles area are very nice. We are in what is called The Alton Pool, which consists of the area between the Winfield Lock and Dam all the way to Alton, Illinois.
Generally, the water is very smooth and there are lots of sandy islands to stop and go swimming, BBQ, hang with friends, etc.
We have a great website here locally that is very informative as far as where to go on the river, what to do, what to look out for and maps with the names of the islands. Click on the link below.
If you are not from the area, you wouldn't believe how big of a boating area St. Louis is. At least once or twice a year we meet people traveling down from north headed south toward New Orleans or the Caribbean on the Mississippi.
Also, there are some great restaurants on the river that are accessable via boat or car. I will list a few in my tips.
A newer marina opened a couple of years ago, Grafton Harbor that has a great restaurant. It's our new favorite place for lunch. The food is very good, service is great and the docks are fantastic. Next time you are up that way via road or water, be sure to stop in for a bite to eat. You won't be disapointed. Here is a link for you to check it out.
Well our season opener is April 1. Can't wait to see how things pan out this year. We still have a lot of the same team members, however, we did lose a few key payers. No matter, they have had a pretty good pre-season so far. We should have a great season in our beautiful new stadium.
I am still trying to score some tickets to the opening game. YEAH RIGHT, good luck with that one. If by chance I do get to go, I will take pictures and post them after the game.
- Pros:A great sports town.
- Cons:Major road construction on just about every highway in town these days.
- In a nutshell:Its a big small town and you never know who you might run into in the most unexpected places.
Our dinner reservations were for 7:00 pm. As usual, Tony and I were early, so we decided to grab a quick cocktail in the... more travel advice
How do you describe one fo the funnest (is that really a word?) times you could ever have when you tailgate before the... more travel advice
Written Mar 28, 2011
Written Feb 2, 2012
Saint Louis Ice Storm 01/13/07
changeinlatitude's Related Pages
Saint Louis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St. Louis Has Many Surprises, for Everyone!"
- "The Symbols of the City"
- ""Meet Me In St. Louis" is Not Just a Song Title"
- "Saint Louis"
- "My Home Town"
- "The Gateway to East Central Missouri"
- "St. Louiis - Gateway to the Wild Wild West"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Louis
- Hotels in Saint Louis
- Transportation in Saint Louis
- Nightlife in Saint Louis
- Restaurants in Saint Louis
- Shopping in Saint Louis
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Louis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Louis
- 26 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Saint Louis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Louis
Photos in Saint LouisSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Louis Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cancún Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Lake Ozark Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Orleans Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Key West Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cabo San Lucas Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Phoenix Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Reno Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Oklahoma City Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos