"A Great Vacation Area" Lake Ozark by changeinlatitude

Lake Ozark Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 123 photos

If you like boating, shopping, gulfing, hiking, fishing, water parks, spa resorts, horse back riding, camping or just relaxing, this is the place to go in Missouri.

The Lake of The Ozarks is a huge beautiful lake located in central Missouri. From West County (where we live) it takes approximately 4 hours to get there and that is pulling a boat. There are so many things to do at the Lake and if you are young our just young at heart, there is something for everyone.

We have stayed at a couple of the family resorts over the past few years, but you can rent homes and condos there as well. The resorts are very nice and gulf courses are spectacular. I don't gulf, but I have seen many of them and know a lot of people who have gulfed there and they love it.

There are so many restaurants that are accessable by boat or car. I will try to list as many of our favorites that I can on this page. One thing I will tell you, if it is between May and October, there will almost always be a wait for a table Friday through Sunday. But no matter, you are on vacaction, just sit back, relax and enjoy the people and boat watching.

You like to shop? Well, this is the place for you. There are lots of antique shops, a huge outlet mall, and "The Strip" has tons of places to buy just about anything you are looking for.

Whatever it is that you can think of to do, The Lake has it.

• Pros:Lots of fun
  • Cons:The lake gets very rough on the weekends.
  • In a nutshell:A great place for a family vacation or a quiet get away for the weekend.
  • Last visit to Lake Ozark: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 28, 2006

Comments

changeinlatitude Visits Here Frequently!

changeinlatitude

“If we weren't crazy we would all go insane.”

Badges & Stats in Lake Ozark

Have you been to Lake Ozark?

Latest Activity in Lake Ozark