"A Great Vacation Area" Lake Ozark by changeinlatitude
Lake Ozark Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 123 photos
If you like boating, shopping, gulfing, hiking, fishing, water parks, spa resorts, horse back riding, camping or just relaxing, this is the place to go in Missouri.
The Lake of The Ozarks is a huge beautiful lake located in central Missouri. From West County (where we live) it takes approximately 4 hours to get there and that is pulling a boat. There are so many things to do at the Lake and if you are young our just young at heart, there is something for everyone.
We have stayed at a couple of the family resorts over the past few years, but you can rent homes and condos there as well. The resorts are very nice and gulf courses are spectacular. I don't gulf, but I have seen many of them and know a lot of people who have gulfed there and they love it.
There are so many restaurants that are accessable by boat or car. I will try to list as many of our favorites that I can on this page. One thing I will tell you, if it is between May and October, there will almost always be a wait for a table Friday through Sunday. But no matter, you are on vacaction, just sit back, relax and enjoy the people and boat watching.
You like to shop? Well, this is the place for you. There are lots of antique shops, a huge outlet mall, and "The Strip" has tons of places to buy just about anything you are looking for.
Whatever it is that you can think of to do, The Lake has it.
- Pros:Lots of fun
- Cons:The lake gets very rough on the weekends.
- In a nutshell:A great place for a family vacation or a quiet get away for the weekend.
Wow is this a must when you are at the Lake. Camp Bagnell Restaurant is located just off of 54 just outside of town.... more travel advice
Every year someone gets killed at the lake. If you are boating, please be careful. Always have someone driving the boat... more travel advice
changeinlatitude's Related Pages
Lake Ozark Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Popular Place for family, drinkers and boats"
- "A Great Vacation Area"
- "Lake Ozark"
- "Lake of the Ozarks"
- "lngwyfromstl's new Lake Ozark Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lake Ozark
- Hotels in Lake Ozark
- Nightlife in Lake Ozark
- Restaurants in Lake Ozark
- Shopping in Lake Ozark
- Warnings and Dangers in Lake Ozark
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lake Ozark
- 6 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Lake Ozark?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake Ozark
Photos in Lake OzarkSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Louis Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cancún Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Lake Ozark Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Orleans Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Key West Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cabo San Lucas Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Phoenix Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Reno Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Oklahoma City Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (8)
Latest Lake Ozark hotel reviews
- Resort and Yacht Club Toadcove
- 213 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Baymont Inn & Suites - Lake Of The Ozark
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 1, 2013
- Treetops Village Four Seasons
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 17, 2013
- Holiday Inn Resort and Conference Center
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 21, 2004
- Alhonna Resort
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 13, 2013
- The Lodge Of Four Seasons
- 486 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Ozark Village Resort
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2012